H.E.R. - General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

H.E.R. - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by lemonsqueezyy, Sep 22, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

Don't know if this has been posted about,
    but since I couldn't find its own thread or the R&B Discussion thread, I figured I'll go ahead.

H.E.R. (who's real name and identity is unknown at this point),
    dropped an EP, H.E.R. Volume 1, on September 9th, and it's extremely moody and vibe-y R&B; she takes samples from Floetry's "Say Yes" on the second track "Wait For It" and covers Drake's "Jungle". She has been acknowledged on social media by Alicia Keys and Tyrese and became #1 on the iTunes R&B/Soul chart for a little while after release.

The only other information available about the artist is that its an RCA Records-helmed project (what about Joyride etc etc), and the executive producer is Darhyl "DJ" Camper, who produced Tamar Braxton's "Love & War", Nicki Minaj's "Favorite," and Mariah Carey's "Dedicated," as well as albums by Big Sean, Chris Brown, & Stacey Barthe.

It's available on Apple Music, YouTube and Spotify.

My faves are "U" and "Focus."

Enjoy.

BML, Slice of Life and Vasilios like this.
  2. I was going to make this thread or at least post about her/'H.E.R.' in the R&B discussion thread so thank you! Such an amazing project, her voice is beautiful.
    I've been playing 'Losing' and 'Focus' and nothing else for the past week - the chorus on 'Losing' is so captivating and in another universe it'd be a number one. The production throughout is superb but particularly shines on 'Focus' - giving me major 'The Boy Is Mine'/Destiny's Child vibes meets Drake.

Vasilios and lemonsqueezyy like this.
  3. Losing is a jam, too!
    I think Focus is the early favorite according to the fans on Twitter. The falsetto used on the chorus of is giving me full Alicia Keys teas.
    And even though U is a break-up type song, I can't help but feel super sexual when playing it. So good.

cassiejojo likes this.
  4. U is such a bop, I'm a sucker for a string laden R&B jam. @Mr.Arroz get this!

lemonsqueezyy likes this.
  5. Our girl has covered/remixed Rihanna's 'Yeah I Said It' from ANTi

Baby-making music.

Jersey and lemonsqueezyy like this.
  6. Such a great cover. I'm ready for Volume 2 already.

7. Just discovered volume 1 and ran here to see if she had a thread. I like a lot.

lemonsqueezyy likes this.
  8. Rihanna's video just introduced me to her and wow, this is so lovely. Focus is like the Legend of Zelda does R&B.

(Also, Rih's video is so ethereal)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Bobbyrae and Jersey like this.
  9. Rih got me hooked on Focus. It's a beautiful track, but it's the only one I really like.

Bobbyrae and Hyrulian like this.
  10. But when is Vol. 2 dropping? I have used and abused Vol. 1 and I'm still not tired of it buuut I'd be ecstatic for some new tunes.

AlexD likes this.
  11. I love the EP. So chill.

12. Focus is my favourite of the first EP, along with Losing, but Facts, Wait For It and U really crept up on me. Her voice is just gorgeous.

DJ Camper, who executive produced Vol. 1 and is doing the same for Vol. 2, said we should be hearing it very soon. I'd guess May/June. I really can't wait!

13. The Rihanna clip will either speed things up or derail everything. Let's see.

14. It better speed, part of me wishes Riri had used Facts instead but promo is promo.

15. Great EP.
    And focus is so good.

16. Just now realizing there's a full version of Pigment, yas. She is so good.

AlexD likes this.
  17. Double post but she's coming, y'all.

cassiejojo and lemonsqueezyy like this.
  18. Volume 2 is coming June 2nd!

cassiejojo, PEARL and Jersey like this.
  19. Eight new songs, and it looks like Every Kind of Way will be out soon since we've got a time on iTunes (2:40).

She's the gift that keeps on giving.

cassiejojo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.