H.E.R. - General Discussion | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

H.E.R. - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by lemonsqueezyy, Sep 22, 2016.

sesita likes this.
  2. New collaboration out this Wednesday with DRAM and watt:

3. The new track she debuted on the VMA, 'Anti'. I like it sonically, but the lyrics are a bit too on the nose, Alessia Cara "I'm not like the other girls" for me, she usually writes with less broad strokes.

4. Is this available on any digital platform? What a strange strategy to perform an unreleased song and not release it everywhere immediately afterwards.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    sesita and Andy French like this.
  5. This is her first performance I’ve seen of hers where things just felt flat.

sesita likes this.
  6. Performance of Hard Place on the Today Show:

7. This whole album rollout has been confusing. I thought the first 'I used to know her' EP was just an EP and not going to be part of the actual album and the fact that when it was finally fully released we had already heard almost all of it. And then that she performed 'Anti' and its no where on streaming.

8. This is a second compilation of the last 2 EP’s. Anti will presumably be featured on what her and the label will call her “debut” album.

9. I hate to be that person but I miss the style that she had with the original EPs.

Songofcole, sesita and nooniebao like this.
  10. I completely agree, only about half of this new album (or EPs) connected with me, particularly part 1 which has some of her best work to date, but its just not as good as the whole of her first EPs.

nooniebao likes this.
  11. I agree that the I Used to Know Her EP’s aren’t as strong as the first couple projects. What’s even more worrying is that she seems to be doubling down on the sound of those songs instead of what made her so interesting in 2016/2017.

12. Recent cameo on Nickelodeon’s reboot of All That:

sesita likes this.
  13. New single with YG:

Troylovesmusic and sesita like this.
  14. A BOP love this !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.