Hacks (May 13) | The Popjustice Forum

Hacks (May 13)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by beyoncésweave, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Jean Smart! Megan Stalter! Kaitlin Olson! Gay crack!

2. This looks phenomenal. Having never heard of it before seeing this trailer, I now can't wait!

3. This looks incredible, and dare I say, potentially award-worthy for Queen Jean.

Also, what a perfect pairing for my current Designing Women watch.

VitaminBee likes this.
  4. Loving the career resurgence Jean's been having over the past few years.

Dee91, Slamb, Andy French and 3 others like this.
  5. Jean Smart is an actress I’ve loved for years. She is perfection and I’m so excited for this. I’ll watch anything she’s in... I still need to watch Fargo though.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. So the first two episodes are absolutely incredible. Honestly, the best TV I’ve seen released in 2021, and I haven’t laughed this hard in ages. I hope the season continues at this level, because I’m ready to rank it as the best comedy on television right now.

The Sam Asghari cameo in the pilot also sent me.

Definitely needs more Kaitlin Olson though.

Edu, 4Roses and VitaminBee like this.
  7. Are you me? I keep finding myself agreeing with everything you post and it’s starting to scare me.

The first two episodes for this show were really great. I’ve been suggesting this show to anyone that will listen... I really love how Jean Smart is getting some of the best roles of career right now (Fargo, Watchmen, Mare, and now this). I really love the tone of the show too and it seems like something HBO/HBO Max has been missing. Consider me hooked for the rest of the season/future seasons.

lushLuck likes this.
  8. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Loving this so far. The story is entertaining, the two leads are great, it’s funny and timely without being try-hard and catering too much to its audience. It also does a good job of balancing its sentimentality.

Jwentz, Slamb, Edu and 2 others like this.
  9. "I would wear a suicide vest on What What Happens! Live". I love this show already.

Jwentz, Andrew.L, Edu and 2 others like this.
  10. I started watching this for Megan Stalter having seen none of the trailers/not knowing the premise, fully prepared to just skip to her parts if I wasn't feeling it. Came away from the first episode absolutely hooked, one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. The chemistry between Jean Smart & Hannah Einbinder (and equally, Paul Downs & Megan) is so great.

Even with two episodes a week the waiting is torture, tempted to re-watch Samantha Who in the interim.

11. I just did a Samantha Who rewatch; still a delight.

Slamb, Butterfly and VitaminBee like this.
  12. Megan Stalter is such a scene stealer I'm obsessed.

13. Jean Smart is a gift to humanity.

14. This is so much fun.

bakerboy92 and lushLuck like this.
  15. I fucking love this, I need more!!!

sometimesxtc and lushLuck like this.
  16. Anyone know if this is getting a UK broadcast...or where I can stream it? Can never have enough Jean Smart in my life.

17. This is very good, isn't it? Sharp, observant and very... crisp, in all the right ways. And, despite the premise, never leaning unnecessarily into the intergenerational gap or how ~complicated~ an ageing diva is. There should also be a single show of Jean Smart just doing line readings.

18. It wasn’t tell the last two episodes that this really came together for me but it’s quite good.

lushLuck likes this.
  19. It has been renewed for a second season which is music to my ears.

20. Great news!

Remorque and Slamb like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.