Hacks (May 13) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Hacks (May 13)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by beyoncésweave, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Now promote Meg Stalter to a series regular.

2. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Well the finale was kind of stunning. Just when I think the show is going to lean one way, it zigs and surprises me. Thrilled to hear it’s been picked up and hoping the second season sees it get even more deserved success.

3. The finale was stunning. The supporting cast was just superb, Lauren Weedman (Doris from Looking!) as the Mayor and the actor who played Justin in Ugly Betty years ago were both fantastic to see onscreen again.

Now that Catherine O'Hara is out of the picture, there's no doubt Jean Smart is winning the Emmy for this right?

Jwentz and Holly Something like this.
  4. Any idea if this has been picked up in UK? Just finished 'Mare of easttown' and need more Jean in my life!

5. Jean Smart deserves every award for this. I adored the finale, packed all the emotional punch as well as the laughs. The supporting cast is great as well.

Holly Something and Jwentz like this.
  6. Did anyone else watch Hung and recognize the mom as Tanya?

7. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

This was such a delight. I'm not gonna lie, the trailer didn't entirely sell it to me, but the 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes did nn. But I watched it and I'm so glad, it was perfect. And every scene with Meg made me shriek, she's such a scene-stealer.

8. Why the FUCK is this still not available in Australia? Ughhhh.

9. Or the UK????

Bobbyrae likes this.
  10. I loved every moment of this series; easily the best piece of television released this year, and I can't wait to see it deservedly sweep award nominations. I will say, I wasn't thrilled with the final scene, but knowing it's already been renewed made it an easier pill to swallow.

Someboy, RainOnFire, Monkey0 and 2 others like this.
  11. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I totally agree about the final scene, and the more I think about it, the more I don't like it. I feel like everything was wrapped up so perfectly and the final scene just felt like an unnecessary soapy twist.

aaronhansome, Someboy and lushLuck like this.
  12. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

The final twist is also an exact replay of a mistake Ava made earlier in the show, which kind of undercuts all the growth we’re supposed to feel was earned.

MB, RainOnFire and lushLuck like this.
  13. The final cliffhanger just seems like something that will be addressed and wrapped up within the first 5 minutes of S2E1.

14. It was all a bit, ‘haven’t we just seen this?’ in a way that made it seem like a last minute addition at the request of HBO Max to tease the next season. It was beneath the rest of the series, which I would argue, was absolute perfection.

15. 15 Emmy nominations!

Holly Something, lushLuck and Edu like this.
  16. And every single one of them is deserved. I know Ted Lasso will sweep (and rightfully so), but I hope it scoops up a few. Outside of Jean that is, who feels like a sure bet.

VitaminBee and EarCondom like this.
  17. I have yet to watch this but I've only heard good things, and I'm obsessed with Meg Stalter (her instagram lowkey got me through quarantine) so I need to start soon.

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.