Haich Ber Na (for fans of BOPS) | The Popjustice Forum

Haich Ber Na (for fans of BOPS)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by 3Xs, Apr 24, 2022.

1. 3Xs

3Xs

One of my favorite recent discoveries, Haich Ber Na is a London-based former grime producer and graphic designer who's made a pop turn. His sound is very eclectic straddling electronic, funk, R&B, rock, and much more (his new single even has a reggae tinge to it). He also has quite a flair for visuals from his bizarre single covers to his videos. He's released 3 EP's of material thus far and apparently an album is on the way. Really excited to see where he goes next.

Quite a few massive tunes already:

He has just released his latest single this week:

Booers and Edu like this.
  2. Now We’re Strangers has become my most played of the year. Thanks for the introduction!

The subject matter kind of fills me with a melancholic nostalgia - I’m sure we all have friends who we’ve drifted apart from so can relate to this.I don’t know his age but I imagine he’s in his 20s whereas I’m 40s so at the stage where I’ve reconnected with some of those friends I didn’t see much in my 20s and 30s.

I don’t know much by Tame Impala other than the one Rihanna covered, but can kind of hear that influence in this. The visuals are all rather interesting too.

A great find, I’m intrigued for more.

3Xs likes this.
  3. 3Xs

3Xs

A few of his songs seem to deal with friendship, including Now We're Strangers and Last Time I Saw You, which I think is quite refreshing.

And yeah, the Tama Impala link isn't super strong honestly I was just having a hard time placing his sound. I can hear bits of everyone from Prince to Jamiroquai but I appreciate that he's not just doing retro-pastiche but rather is actively trying to create something new and modern.

"...a lot of artists, especially in music, hide behind nostalgia (me included). I mean, there is no way of understanding the future without looking back at the past right? So we always need to look back. But I’m making more effort to look forward. Or at least extract the energy from the past, rather than borrowing the aesthetics and sound of that time."

TRAVVV and Booers like this.
  4. 3Xs

3Xs

New single is out and predictably it's another banger!

Also seems like there's some kind of Haich ber na cinematic universe being built with some of the returning characters from his previous singles.

TRAVVV and Booers like this.
  5. 3Xs

3Xs

New single!

Booers likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.