HAIM - Women In Music Part III | Page 61 | The Popjustice Forum

HAIM - Women In Music Part III

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Andy French, Jul 27, 2019.

1. I always knew Rostam was great because of his work with Vampire Weekend, but between his work with Charli, Santigold, Carly, Clairo and Haim being absolute perfection... I wonder when other artists are seriously going to take note

2. And don’t forget these treasures:

aaronhansome, spaceship and Artangel like this.
  3. All That Ever Mattered has grown on me massively. I liked it at first solely just for how batshit it was, but now I’m hooked. The guitar at the end. Never thought Haim would go Sleigh Bells, but here we are.

4. It's not particularly sonically, but there's something about I Know Alone, something in the structure, the general vibe and the melancholic melodies and instrumentation, particularly in the bridge, that reminds me of Melodrama and that's the biggest compliment there is honestly.

5. Maybe it's already been pointed out but... is it me or Don't Wanna is very very similar to Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac? Even some of the lyrics seem to be a reference, like

Ooh, yeah, it's still early days
    Don't know what I mean to you, I don't know what to say

and

Can you hear me calling out your name
    You know that I'm falling and I don't know what to say

nametag, spaceship and xOJakeXo like this.
  6. adz

adz

Did anyone else get the signed CD from Amazon? I received it today and I’m not sure if it’s autopen or not, it looks fairly tidy.

totalhate likes this.
  7. I wondered this the other day, as the autographs on mine are identically placed to the image shown on amazon.

totalhate likes this.
  8. Ddd I thought the same when mine arrived but didn't want to say anything. I ain't mad, these girls can scam me all they like.

AshtrayHeart, totalhate and Laurence like this.
  9. Mine looks real, they are not placed on the exact same spots as the picture on amazon. Also, I wanted to check because on that picture, Danielle's and Este signatures are not placed in the right order I think, and on the cover I got, they are signed in the correct order.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    Bleu Noir and adz like this.
  10. These days, these days I can't win
    These days I can't see no visions
    I'm breaking, losing faith
    These days, these days

Kicking off this album with that chorus? A painfully relatable 2020 vibe.

11. Is their debut album stronger than the second album? I adore the new one, but tried listening to Something To Tell You over the weekend and found it very weak. Or perhaps it’s a grower?

12. As one of the few Something To Tell You defenders, yes the debut is better. It's still their best for me too.

13. Something to Tell You has some gems for sure (Right Now is one of my favorite songs from them ever) but it is overall not as strong as their debut.

DinahLee likes this.
  14. As someone who listened to all three of their albums for the first time within the last week I can exclusively confirm the correct order is Women In Music Pt. III > Days Are Gone > Something To Tell You.

That being said, they don’t have a bad album and Something To Tell you is much better than I was expecting based on what I read #onhere.

15. Each album is better than the one before it.

spaceship, Artangel and Andy French like this.
  16. I just found this Meet & Greet pic and screaming at them recreating the twitter viral pic people make HAIM jokes about
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  17. Ddd thank you for reminding me of this. Iconic.

Laurence and HairBodyFace like this.
  18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I love Something To Tell You but there is no feasible way it’s better than they’re debut teebs.

19. I just checked mine, I think they are real. No exact matches anywhere online.

adz and totalhate like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.