Hair [General Discussion/ Q&A/ Whatever]

Ice Cream Skies said:
Sometimes I wish I had short hair, but my parents would probably get a heart attack and I'm not sure if if would suit me either.

It's only hair, you can grow it back if you don't like it. I had ridiculously long hair up until I was about 16, then one day just decided to get it cut quite short. I ended up loving it, but I wasn't too nervous because I just thought "oh well, if it looks shit I'll just grow it back".
(Just realised, I completely missed the 'my parents would have a heart attack' bit. Do it without telling them or something, then if they do freak out tell them it'll grow back).

I had a haircut today and despite the horrendous narcissism, I'm gonna say it: my hair looked f-ing amazing. I dunno what the stylist did to it but I've never had such good looking hair. Thick, glossy, smooth... gah! If only I could recreate the look on my own. It might have been something to do with this new 'Moroccan Oil' product...

However, I did find out from her that apparently it's okay to wash your hair everyday, something I stopped doing because it's supposed to be damaging. According to her, it's the heat from the blowdrier that does the damage, so if you let your hair air dry (if you have time, of course) before styling it's okay to wash once a day if need be. She told me she sometimes washes her hair twice a day, and she's a senior stylist. And her hair looks great.

Interesting...

Oh dear lord:

30-willyoung05.jpg

Im dying right now. I havent had a haircut in five months. I was supposed to go to the salon yesterday but the stylist was sick so I didn't get it cut. Suck it up bitch, it's been five months!!

Does anyone know any amazing hairdressers in Newcastle? I've just moved here see so I wouldn't really know and my hairdresser back home is like a scissor samurai, so I need someone that's on his 'level'.

I can't decide if Rush is a good salon or not. I've been there a lot recently and each time I go I like it less. I already know Toni & Guy is awful though.

I went to Rush in Covent Garden once and they gave me my worst haircut ever. I had shoulder length hair and I asked for it to be considerably shorter, instead, they made me look I'd just left the army.

jamieluke said:
I went to Rush in Covent Garden once and they gave me my worst haircut ever. I had shoulder length hair and I asked for it to be considerably shorter, instead, they made me look I'd just left the army.

Oh dear... I should really find another salon to go to. Plus I've been to two different stylists at Rush where I go and it's always awkward now when I see the one I don't go to anymore haha.

playboy69 said:
jamieluke said:

Plus I've been to two different stylists at Rush where I go and it's always awkward now when I see the one I don't go to anymore haha.

One of the most awkward social situations I can think is that, when you move to another stylist at the same place. I just move place now to avoid any potential embarassment.

playboy69 said:
jamieluke said:

Oh dear... I should really find another salon to go to. Plus I've been to two different stylists at Rush where I go and it's always awkward now when I see the one I don't go to anymore haha.

It was the only time I have ever cried about a hair cut. I was all for going shorter as I wanted a change but the style it was cut was so awful and to make matters worse all of my friends and even my Mom agreed that it was bad.

Earlier this year Rush sent me a birthday card in the post and I had to stop myself from writing 'FUCK OFF AND DIE' in red marker and sending it back to them.