Halsey - hopeless fountain kingdom | Page 155 | The Popjustice Forum

Halsey - hopeless fountain kingdom

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Halsey even makes snorting coke on a yacht look stale & dull.

Lander, Bobbyrae, inevitable and 4 others like this.
  2. Whoever took those photos should have blackmailed her into releasing the "Strangers" video.

3. [​IMG]

I stan.

4. Wow he ended him

Lander, joyriders, Rem and 12 others like this.
  5. It’s more than some lol.

strangekin likes this.
  6. She didn't do badly at all on SNL.

She did a bit too much on Bad At Love and it left her a bit breathy but it was actually fairly solid vocally, even with the affected Cher growling during the chorus. The whole thing felt a bit like a Rihanna pantomime but still, not bad.

7. Not her wasting a slot on Him & I when she could have done Alone.

Bobbyrae, Rem, flowersandu and 3 others like this.
  8. Bat At Love still remains above the rest, well except for Strangers.

flowersandu likes this.
  9. Her eulogy.
    (I don't really know her.)

10. Bad At Love has really caused me to warm up to Ms. Frangipane a bit. Making a song that uses both same sex and opposite sex pronouns a legitimate hit in Trump’s America? She did that, come on bisexual representation.

11. I think her last album is pretty good even if I can't really stand how she presents herself. I was obsessed with Badlands back in 2015 but I tried listening to it recently and I thought it was boring.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  12. Halsey's out here legitimately breaking new ground as a queer artist and none of the homosexuals here want to give her a shred of credit but watch as they sob over a white twink mincing down a corridor , truly a legend snubbed in her lifetime!

13. I think the tides are starting to turn in her favor, now release Strangers as a single and capitalize on the goodwill Ashley.

soratami and flowersandu like this.
  14. She sounded legitimately great doing Bad At Love on SNL last night, but hoo boy the performance of Him & I was a mess for everyone involved.

15. The Him & I slot would've been a great time to trot out the stripped down arrangement of Eyes Closed for a bigger audience.

mindtrappa and Andy French like this.
  16. I don't believe anyone said Troye was breaking new ground, in fact many posters wished he'd been more explicit. I guess since the majority of posters here are male there's more praise as they feel ~represented~. No need to pit queer artists against each other.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  17. Late to the party but hopeless fountain kingdom is really good. I genuinely never knew

18. Yeah, I'm perched for her to become a star with album 3, teebs. Loved Colours, and hfk is a great little record with (evidenced) growers across the board.

Weirdly I expected Closer to be a bigger profile boost for her but no one I know even knows she was on it/it was her.

19. I was just making a comparison to illustrate my point - a biracial, bisexual woman has to do significantly more work to get a fraction of the acclaim.

anouk likes this.
  20. Agreed. That's why I need the Strangers video ASAP.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.