Halsey - If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

Halsey - If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RMK, May 24, 2021.

1. I'm still partial to Manic because of the whole 70s fanzine vibe of the artwork, but this is just as good. I'm sad Halsey seems to not be a fan of extravagant physical packaging, though, because the CD is literally just a mini version of the vinyl with no booklet dd. Manic was the exact same.

2. I liked Manic's visuals a lot as well, it was all really pretty and dream-like to me but still felt more grounded and authentic than the two eras before it. The visuals for this era are just a bit more up my alley I think. I'm a sucker for a really well executed theme that feels like it exists in it's own timeline, if that makes sense. The costumes, the makeup, the color palette, it's all very extravagant and gothic and I'm obsessed. And yeah, I wish the physical aspect of at least this album was bigger and had more to it because this era would lend itself so well to going all out in that regard. I'll definitely be trying to get my hands on the vinyl if/when it restocks, though.

3. The synths on I am not a woman, I'm a god. Song of her carreer.

4. The way I Am Not a Woman, I’m a God is serving fuck the binary Im a deity with those synths and their vocals!

5. The film was pretty good as a visualiser for the album and actually worked for letting some songs have a bit more room to breathe outside the context of the album - songs I wasn’t as keen on before seeing it have crept up to join some of my favourites now.

This is definitely going to end up as one of my favourite releases for the year!

6. Manifesting a Top 10 BPG rate placing for You Asked For This.

7. The way 1121 is a lyrical gutpunch after gutpunch, I'm still not over it. Definitely becoming my favorite Halsey song.

8. Abel, Eminem and now Kanye.......Halsey can never win. Ugh.

I hope you girls are still streaming though.

tea, chaychay7, pop3blow2 and 13 others like this.
  9. BTG

BTG

The wailing instrumental on the chorus of People Disappear Here. Yes.

10. Obsessed with this album. Such a triumph for her. I hadn’t really listened to her stuff since Badlands.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  11. Does anyone know if that is Mike Garson playing piano on People Disappear Here?

12. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I find it surprising that Darling seems to be everyone's least favourite. It's so lovely. I'd say The Lighthouse is probably my 'least necessary' track.

13. I really enjoy "Darling" and apparently it's perfect in the film.

14. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Also how unlucky does someone have to be to get blocked by a surprise-release twice in a row. I can't.

15. Halsey confirmed that "You Asked For This" is a single in addition to "I am not a woman, I'm a god". I would love proper videos independent of the short film for these.

tea, chaychay7, Wishlight and 15 others like this.
  16. Not surprising, but it looks like Kanye’s going to snatch the #1 from her in the US. It’ll be interesting to see by how much if HDD’s prediction holds and if he blocks her in other markets globally.

17. She knows what she's doing and I'm here for it

tea, Robert, Laurence and 64 others like this.
  18. Using her sociopathy for good. Love to see it

tea, Robert, Laurence and 26 others like this.
  19. Any hope of Halsey performing at the VMAs? The current lineup list is so… short.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.