Halsey - Manic (3rd Studio Album) | Page 217 | The Popjustice Forum

Halsey - Manic (3rd Studio Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Living vicariously through her at the MCR reunion show

2. Halsey has grown and matured a large degree as an artist (and person) and the music has grown with her to the point that dragging her in 2019 feels a little unearned.

With that said, I refuse to allow anyone to retcon the debut era as anything but a self-indulgent, self-important cringe-worthy irredeemable mess.

3. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

The Target bonus track is called I'm Not Mad and there's another bonus track for Japan called Wipe Your Tears.

I mean... I'll take the new songs obviously but she's really out here trying to wipe Nightmare from existence huh.

*Rose McGowan voice* a nightmare, literally a nightmare

4. I really wonder why? Is it just because it underperformed commercially? She seemed so proud of it during all of the interviews she did to promote it...

5. She keeps a record of all the wreckage in her life but not a record of one of her best records. That’s sad, huh.gif

6. Nah, she’s still out here performing it in her live sets. She’s said repeatedly she just cut it because it doesn’t fit the rest of the songs on the album.

7. I don't understand the muted reaction to Beautiful Stranger. It's totally gorge. By far the best thing from Manic so far.

8. Being on SNL twice in a one year period that's hard to get not everyone has that.

9. I loved Nightmare and 11 Minutes but I'm not really here for the new singles. Just make an emo rock album, Ashley.

10. Here's hoping we eventually get her collaborations with Bring Me the Horizon.

11. The fact she tried to make an album full of songs like Nightmare but "the anger didn't come"... well try harder sis.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  12. aux

aux

Sure seems like we are.

13. That title though...

Mr Blonde likes this.
  14. Did they lie

Mr Blonde likes this.
  15. For a while, her singles (to me) all sounded like some variation of Rihanna's "Needed Me"...

But then the album tracks sounded more melancholy (clementine) like something along the lines of Lana or Fiona...

But then the features sounded like Closer pts 1-20...

Finally/Beautiful Stranger now sounds like the saloon rock of Gaga's "You and I"...

Meanwhile my favorite and perhaps the only song of hers that (to me) feels completely unique and brave, Nightmare.... isn't going to be on the album...ddd..

I'm still excited for the album though and definitely think that her Manic artistry and versatility is completely a strength.... but as much as I bop to Graveyard, I hope that we get more brave experimentation in the vain of Nightmare in the future. Please Ashley excite me again.

slaybellz and spaceship like this.
  16. Finally/Beautiful Stranger sounds like saloon rock to you? It shares melodic similarities with You and I, but its one of the slowest ballads of Halsey's career. I don't know how you're hearing a rock song.

And once you get past the chorus Nightmare sounds just like all the other songs she's released since Now or Never.

17. As good as "Nightmare" might be we have already been blessed with these female led opuses she'd be likely trying to emulate to no end if she were ever to completely head in that direction.

Follow the links!

Music Is Death likes this.

18. Same energy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.