Halsey - Manic (3rd Studio Album) | Page 222 | The Popjustice Forum

Halsey - Manic (3rd Studio Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Jun 21, 2015.

1. I actually really like it. Perched for the voice memo on the deluxe edition to see how it started

Music Is Death likes this.
  2. aux

aux

Music Is Death likes this.
  3. I really like this, but the visuals certainly help in this case. Might beed more time with it, obviously the guitars are my favorite part and wish it popped off a bit more.

Grins likes this.
  4. I like the new song. Her album is shaping to be all right, so far.

Music Is Death and stuaw like this.
  5. This is brilliant.

Music Is Death and stuaw like this.
  6. I cannot get passed how clunky and amateur the songwriting is.

Blond, Jwentz, Bobbyrae and 4 others like this.
  7. This is perfectly serviceable but i think i am getting bored after witnessing her true potential with Nightmare and Without Me.

Ashling92 and Grins like this.
  8. I actually like Nightmare more than any of the songs since. I'm still kind of of bummed that that vibe was completely scrapped. I just don't think this album is going to do anything for me.

superultra, slaybellz and Grins like this.
  9. This is good. Probably my favorite album track so far. Stunning video too. My problem with her is the same since her debut... cringe/amateur/edgy lyrics. Can you bring the Nightmare album after this? Please, Ashley.

10. Thank you Ashley! This is the follow up to Nightmare I've been craving/waiting for...ddd

stuaw and spaceship like this.
  11. I'm really enjoying this but yet another song ruined by the terrible mixing. What the hell is going on with mixers in 2019/2020? It's so loud and metallic and it feels like all the tracks are fighting each other.

junkos, heavymetalGAGA, Phloo and 3 others like this.
  12. Going through old posts in the thread. She got a lot of hate (unsurprisingly I think) but this:
    If I was drinking something, I'd have spit it out.

Wishlight likes this.
  13. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I can't believe everyone saw the finished product and didn't think of beefing the song up just a biT to match the video's vibe. What a missed opportunity.

And I like the song, don't get me wrong. But imagine if the video was for a song that hit 50 times harder? The juxtaposition is so jarring in a way that it shouldn't be.

14. She’s so much better than this song and video. This country drag months after every pop girl has plumbed the depths of the genre. Girl. A misstep.

15. The contrast is part of what makes the whole package for me. It’s so melodramatic.

16. Same here. I really loved the video and the juxtaposition of it with the song lifted both up in my opinion.

17. Can't sleep, but I watched the Nightmare video (again) and has it been mentioned how much she looks like Lzzy Hale in these scenes?
    [​IMG]
    I've been hammering her music lately, and I can't stop feeling the excitement I have for this album. Friday can't come soon enough.

Sleepycat likes this.
  18. This had a nice first day on Spotify - 2.6m plays, 25 on global. I hope it's getting a proper push.

Subspace88, stuaw, Babyface and 2 others like this.
  19. Me then: The production is a bit muddy and yeehaw-y.

Me now:
    I'm so glad I never ever had a baby with you
    Cause you can't love nothing unless there's something in it for you
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.