Halsey - Manic (3rd Studio Album) | Page 225 | The Popjustice Forum

Halsey - Manic (3rd Studio Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Speaking of, hopeless fountain kingdom still holds up so well.

Whew an era. Stream once stream twice etc.

2. Yeah, she definitely came into her own on the last record, even if it was via sounding like other artists nn. I still think Manic will be really good as well.

3. I still can't get over 100 Letters. But I'm still excited for this release, even tho my expectations are kinda low

4. As much as I don't rate Badlands as a whole, Roman Holiday (still probably my favorite song of hers) Drive and Colors are all incredible and easily in her top 10. Suddenly the stan is me dd.

Rem, rdp, superultra and 8 others like this.
  5. Yes definitely. My favorite album by her, at least for now.
    Me too. I mean, I know I'm the definition of "person who stans everything" but I can't shake the feeling that this is going to be great.

mindtrappa likes this.
  6. "Walls Could Talk" was so good. It's a shame that it was so short though.

7. I’m...obsessed with You Should Be Sad. Beyond the opening being the same syncopation as Graveyard, the chorus soars and I actually like the way her voice falls against the wall of guitars on the hook.

I get the frustrations regarding the dissonance with the video but I like that it feels like it’s an overly dramatic dub over footage: Halsey is always best when she fully leans into the melodrama, and the different set ups are all a biT of a serve.

8. I honestly have not been able to stop playing it. I think it might actually be my favorite song so far.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    spaceship likes this.
  9. The Avril Lavigne and Alanis Morissette intrigues me.

stuaw and Music Is Death like this.
  10. I think it's a playlist of songs that inspired the album? I'm trying not to read to much into it but the Swiftie in me is tempted dddd.

Also, not sure if this was confirmed but the international deluxe tracks (I'm Not Mad, You should be sad voice note) will be Target bonus tracks.

nooniebao likes this.

11. No numbers yet, but it looks like she’s set for a #1 debut in the US.

12. Her second in a row, woohoo!

13. Her last album opened with 106,000 units, but the tour went on to sell something like 340,000 tickets in North America - and that was before she had a (solo) Hot 100 #1.

Curious how that will translate into album (/ticket bundle) sales this time around. But I imagine she'll comfortably secure a #1 opening week.

Music Is Death likes this.
  14. Ahhhhh I'm so ready for this!!

15. The trailer gave me whiplash but also lowkey sounds like switching through radio stations in 2006

16. Her sampling the line from Jennifer's Body on Killing Boys... oh wow.

17. Her mind.

spaceship likes this.
  18. Cherry emoji Twitter is quaking

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.