Halsey - Manic (3rd Studio Album) | Page 240 | The Popjustice Forum

Halsey - Manic (3rd Studio Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Jun 21, 2015.

1. The way this is clicking with the GP, I think this could be a top ten hit! Fingers crossed.

GRMusic likes this.
  2. The one-two of the "You will never ever touch me again" refrain and the production crashing in

[​IMG]

3. I've decided this is my favorite Halsey album. It's the first time she's really clicked with me after a terrible debut and a decent second effort. Something about her vocals is more appealing than they've ever been. Or at least not as grating? I'm not sure. I do love the low key vibe throughout.

Reboot, ohnostalgia and Music Is Life like this.
  4. I really really want to like this but it just hasn’t gotten its teeth into me yet.

5. I got an email from her store that the quality of merch wasn't up to par so they have to redo them all, so the shipping date is TBA... and then all the shirts are off her site now

6. I love the concept behind the black eye on the cover.

7. I was actually just thinking today about how her voice is actually quite nice on a lot of this album. On Killing Boys particularly, her voice sounds really pretty which isn’t a word I would’ve ever attributed to her vocals prior to this era. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that she seems to have mostly dropped the welcome to my kitchen affectation.

8. I've come around to You Should Be Sad, and 3am is great. I do think this is her strongest album, but I still don't find the bulk of it very compelling... Pitchfork completely misses the mark with its weirdly tangential review on modern pop though.

9. She’s coming for that 200K+ debut. It’s very possible that she’ll double Hopeless Fountain Kingdom’s opening week.

10. Only three women in the top 10. Depressing.

11. Rem

Rem

Don’t forget Elsa

12. But Frozen II has TWO lady leads! Yaaaay!

13. Killing Boys is...remarkable. The intro sample, the way the production falls out for the first hook and then drives forward under syncopation alongside the storytelling, only to culminate in a question mark. It’s very Walls Could Talk in terms of being both brief and satisfying while also leaving me wishing the song was just a minute longer.

14. The New York Times <3

15. She tweeted and deleted “can the basement that they run p*tchfork out of just collapse already” afjkshdjsjs.

Wishlight, R92, Jacques and 27 others like this.
  16. Ffff okay guess it’s time

[​IMG]

17. Dddd wait I’m screaming

Mr Blonde, andru, Wishlight and 34 others like this.
  18. Oh my god a;lshaoirw

aux likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.