Halsey - Manic (3rd Studio Album) | Page 251 | The Popjustice Forum

Halsey - Manic (3rd Studio Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Really? I thought US radio would eat it up.

2. I really like 3am. Whomever said it sounds like Fefe Dobson circa 2003. It's so true!

3. Um, the You Should Be Sad video is a complete serve.

Nightmare might also be one of my favourite song ever.

soratami and Music Is Life like this.
  4. To add to my previous comment about 3am. I could actually see a pop/rock resurgence happening if this were to become a hit. Which it genuinly sounds like. Hopefully they release it as a single and that it catches on.

3am is like a time capsule from when that genre was the most popular and copied thing around.

Plus you know it's all about nostalgia these days.

spaceship and Music Is Life like this.
  5. The resurgence has beeen happening. It's only a matter of time before mainstream catches up.

-tastic, spaceship and Music Is Life like this.
  6. I...don’t think there are any more strong single choices overall.

RainOnFire, spaceship and Vasilios like this.
  7. I could easily see them push “Still Learning” and “3am”

flowersandu, Rem, Wishlight and 9 others like this.
  8. This is still shockingly my most-played album of the year so far. Keep the singles coming.

9. Stan bubble:
    Label meeting:

10. Oh for sure but those don’t feel nearly as single tailored as Graveyard/You Should Be Sad. Still Learning in particular would feel too reminiscent of those two.

I’d be happy to see 3AM turn into a hit, but given how Nightmare went with the full single treatment following her biggest hit, I just don’t see something more risky could take off as the next single.

spaceship likes this.
  11. 3am is just like an annoying college kid making up a song on their guitar about how DRUNK and LONELY and RELATABLE they are. Boring.

Should have had Nightmare on album instead.

12. They’re definitely going to push Still Learning after You Should Be Sad, I highly doubt the label would shell out for a Sheeran co-write just to let it sit as an album track.

13. So it’s a hit

14. Yeah I think she nails the noughties so we'll. Nightmare video is very 2003/04.

Graveyard is very 2004. Without Me lifts a line right out of 2003.

I am living for the noughties nostalgia and love her output. Except for 3am but I incidentally didn't like Fefe Dobson.

15. I think so too, but she isn't performing it on tour, which I find unusual. Maybe she doesn't like it kii

16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I....really don't know if I love or hate You Should Be Sad. It's so shit but also slaps? Help.

17. It’s not shit but it slaps. Problem solved.

Ashling92, gagapourgaga, Rem and 16 others like this.
  18. You Should Be Sad wants to be tongue n' cheek and camp, but it's just hokey. The mad/sad rhyme makes me cringe every time.

19. Killing Boys is still my favorite song here. A bop and that Jennifer's Body sample works so well.

20. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I don't see 3am getting released as a single, especially since they backtracked on Nightmare so quickly. Still Learning will probably be the next (and final) single, but personally I think it's a lot weaker than Graveyard and You Should Be Sad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.