Halsey - Manic | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Halsey - Manic

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Hurricane was a pleasant enough when I heard it a year ago. Most people on here probably would not have a problem with her if she actually said/did something thought provoking or original instead of overly implying that she indeed is. Seems so desperate to start what ever it is she wants to be remembered for starting, if that makes sense.

“I don’t know if I can bring myself to tailor Chanel” -- such a rebel, Ms. Halsey.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  2. The album is pretty damn solid. My contender for album of the year so far.
    Gasoline is utterly brilliant; the asian strings are so hypnotic.

Music Is Death and Mr.Arroz like this.
  3. Giving the album another spin.

There is something slightly 14 year old Paramore fangirl angry at the world about her and the lyrics. I really like it though. It's a great album.

Island likes this.
  4. I want to like her (I REALLY DO!) but I can't get over how much of a tool she is.

When she told the crowd at her gig that radio won't play 'New Americana' because they're too terrified or something something......what even in the world.

Rhombus and Euphoria like this.
  5. Island

Island Staff Member

'New Americana' isn't as "revolutionary" and "anthemic" as she thinks it is.

Euphoria likes this.
  6. RJF

RJF

This sounds like Natalia Kills talking about "Love Is A Suicide" all over again.

7. Island

Island Staff Member

'Love is a Suicide' is amazing, though.

Robsolete likes this.
  8. So what is your point exactly?

9. Failing miserably at being snarky.

I should of given this album a proper listen before my last post. It's not at all bad. I'm quite found of Drive. Haunting sounds like Indiana and Taylor's Style put into a blender... or it's just my cold making me crazy.

I'm curious to see where she goes next musically.

10. I sought this out expecting to like it (it's the kind of moody claustrophobic pop I go for), but its been a long time since a pop album left me so... Frustrated? A good portion of the album seems incredibly obvious. Most of the tropes and hooks feel really predictable. "New Americana" is the worst offender, obviously, but most of the album feels way too self-important to be enjoyable.

On the bright side, at least she gave us "Colors."

11. Everything is screaming out a bit 'try hard'. I'll pass.

Island, constantino and Euphoria like this.
  12. She reached #2 in the US. She is officially a thing here.

Music Is Death likes this.
  13. Island

Island Staff Member

Good for her, honestly.

Music Is Death likes this.
  14. 115K, with 97K as actual purchases.

Somebody else deserves these numbers.

Rhombus likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

16. Tori Kelly 'close to 100k sales buyola' teas.
    The album is quite good.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  17. The music is fine, acceptable, whatever, but everything I've witnessed from her as a person has only solidified my belief that she's dumb as fuck.

18. 'New Americana' makes me want to tear my own skin off.

19. Are you so fucking terrified of the political statement you are making if you admit that you love that song, that you are pretending to hate it ?

You might have everybody else fooled, but Halsey knows.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  20. ...no I just think it's shit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.