Halsey - Manic | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Halsey - Manic

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Jesus Christ.

Maybe radio stations would play your song if it wasn't Baby's First Lana Del Rey?

Island and blissteria like this.
  2. Her pretentiousness is only worsened by her self-important little fanbase of Tumblr scene-kids who treat her like some kind of messiah. They get all arsey when people call her out on her poor lyricism/general blandness because they know deep down that their is little substance behind her image.

3. I think she would make a really great delusional reality TV star so I hope that it'll happen at some point.

I'm thinking Hey Paula levels of delusional amazingness.
    Halsey is just tired of people not treating her like the gift that she is.

strangekin likes this.
  4. ...well that was embarrassing.

I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, but that more or less confirmed my suspicion that the girl's literally a walking, talking soft grunge Tumblr page. Nothing in New Americana is nearly as revolutionary as she thinks it is - and it's a bit rich to cry "misunderstood artiste" when you're #2 on the charts.

Euphoria likes this.
  5. It makes me sad that Halsey is doing fine while Teddy rots in Instagram hell. She was/is way more entertaining.

flowersandu and Island like this.
  6. Credit where credit's due: Halsey is hot as fuck.

That aside her 'fame' only means she gets trolled relentlessly which is fun to watch.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  7. To be honest, the one thing she has going for her is the visual aesthetic - derivative as it is, I'm a sucker for that. Everything else ranges from decent but boring (the music) to grating (her lyrics and general attitude).

flowersandu and Island like this.
  8. Stop being so afraid of change, you guys.

9. Well album is fine....nothing bad but nothing spectacular too. I think she will do much better with the next album...she have a potential.
    And yes, New Americana is my guilty pleasure(and my ringtone).

10. Mushroom and Rhombus like this.
  11. Island

Island Staff Member

Teddy's instagram/facebook is a MESS!

12. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Whew. I should not have clicked that link. "Afraid of change"?! Interesting thought from a 'singer' who basically created her entire image/sound/persona from any generic Tumblr page on shuffle.

flowersandu, Rhombus and strangekin like this.
  13. I just looked it up.

New Americana is doing fine on ALT radio at the moment, and it doesn't go for pop adds until September 22nd

Sooooooooooooo @halsey

14. And since when has that ever stopped you before?

15. That's not very cool for the summer of you.

Andy French likes this.
  16. They probably asked Halsey to change "high on legal marijuana" for "edgy undercut like Rihanna" and she was horrified at America asking her to alter her original vision. Rebels unite, etc.

Andy French and Vasilios like this.
  17. Island

Island Staff Member

It's surprising how she charted at #2, with really good sales as well.

If only Marina and Charli (who are BETTER than her) charted that high.

They were also better than her at Lollapalooza. Halsey performed on the smallest stage where it's technically a picnic area.

blissteria likes this.
  18. RJF

RJF

This collective, uniform hating sure is fun, but isn't this the point where a dreadfully humourless stan emerges from the woodwork, everyone does a little too much, moderators intervene, and the thread goes to shit for three years? Where the Halstans at?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.