Halsey - Manic | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Halsey - Manic

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Her music is boring, her image is boring. Her personality is obnoxious. I'm really baffled that she's the new tumblr it-girl, out of all of the choices.

2. Roman Holiday is my favourite thing on this.

Music Is Death and Mr.Arroz like this.
  3. Hmm...

4. If Charli hadn't lost the plot this never would've happened.

5. On Twitter.

Island likes this.
  6. I think Halsey would've happened anyway. Kids these days are desperate for a pop anti-hero. Someone they can label "alternative", while still glossy enough. Their Avril, if you will. And Charli XCX is too openly pop-loving for that.

It was either Halsey with her token Instagram It girl styling or Melannie Martinez's emo revival. They obviously picked the one that seemed "cooler".

Mr.Arroz, mayhuee and Island like this.
  7. It's funny how the two of them are basically inverse from each other - Melanie Martinez' visuals are terrible but her music is great, and Halsey's music is terrible but her visuals are great.

Petty Mayonnaise likes this.
  8. I just noticed that her surname is Frangipane, the stuff you get in bakewell tarts. This has nothing to do with the discussion but it made me laugh for a couple of seconds.

9. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

I heard New Americana at the corner store last night, glad to see they are not afraid of change.

10. Forming a prayer circle with my signed copies of Sucker, The Family Jewels, Electra Heart, Night Time My Time AND As If! that New Americana dies a quick radio death.

11. Her fanbase is noticeably more female than the likes of Marina and Lana, who seem more reliant on the gay coin.

Island likes this.
  12. rdp

rdp

If New Americana and Wildest Dreams keep on doing well, we'll soon have two songs from Born To Die on the charts, almost four years after its release! Truly an iconic album.

13. Island

Island Staff Member

I like 'New Americana' but Lana would never. That's probably for the best.

14. New Americana is pretty much National Anthem tho? I like Ghost but I didn't really get into the rest of her music. I guess she's okay. Not as bad as some on here try to make her out to be.

15. This is one of the best albums of this year.

16. RJF

RJF

Ah, there you are.

17. As big a twat as I think she is, and I will still be her #1 hater after I say this, but; Colours is quite a decent song.

18. Island

Island Staff Member

The ballad version is better than the version that was released.

19. New Americana seriously is the worst.

I like Ghost though.

Island, MarlonBrando86 and Subwaykid like this.
  20. I came here for more scalpings, I am not pleased.

Island and Euphoria like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.