Halston - (Netflix Ryan Murphy Limited Series) | The Popjustice Forum

Halston - (Netflix Ryan Murphy Limited Series)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by 4Roses, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Drops May 14 on Netflix. ​

2. Fosse. Halston. When will they finally just do Liza? Stop making this legend a supporting character!

torontodj, POPGASM, Andrew.L and 4 others like this.
  3. (Netflix Ryan Murphy Limited Series)

Gasur, Mikal, CaliDevotion and 9 others like this.
  4. New trailer

4Roses likes this.
  5. Only 5 episodes, this might be a bop.

LPT likes this.
  6. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

This is a Ryan Murphy show in the vein that American Crime Story and Pose are, in other words he’s more of a guiding hand than creator and driving force, in other words there’s hope.

LPT, Jamie, Mike and 2 others like this.
  7. Except it looks like this show is coming from the writers of The Politician/Glee/Scream Queens/Hollywood/Ratched rather than ACS, so we're probably in for another messy slog.

lushLuck and Someboy like this.
  8. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

We’ll see, Ryan and Ian Brennan do have writing credits on the episodes, but tough to say how ‘real’ those are or if they’re the credits producers can receive via television rules from the WGA. The ‘created by’ credit is not in-house though, which always leaves me with a sliver of hope. The Murphy-Netflix track record is one big mess though, that’s true.

lushLuck likes this.
  9. rdp

rdp

Can't wait to watch two episodes then forget all about it like Hollywood

10. Was this worth it? I'm gonna binge soon. The way this thread was created and nobody cared hahaha.

11. It's fine. Nothing great, but also not completely bad. Script writing is still not great but visually it's good and the real life story is interesting.

Not something I'd binge watch though. One episode at a time is enough for me.

crash9081 likes this.
  12. I enjoyed this. I knew nothing about Halston before watching this - other than being referenced in He’s The Greatest Dancer by Sister Sledge. And despite having enjoyed it it did seem to be the same old story again that I’ve seen in so many dramas based on a real life person …
    talented gay finds fame and fortune, leads a hedonistic and excessive life involving drug/booze addiction, has a horrible split from a gold-digging lover, dies of AIDS.

I loved Victor though. He had all the best lines.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    LPT likes this.
  13. I enjoyed this. Watched the 5 episodes over 3 nights. Ewan is fab at playing the main character, and it’s great seeing/hearing the sets, clothing and soundtrack change throughout the decades. Agree with @Booers’ point above about the story - I mean, I just knew in advance pretty much how things would progress, but it was still an entertaining watch.

Booers and LPT like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.