Halt and Catch Fire | The Popjustice Forum

Halt and Catch Fire

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Seventeen Days, Jun 11, 2018.

1. So, @man.tis.shrimp mentioned this earlier today. I was surprised to see that this did not already have its own thread, so I figured I would take the liberty of doing so.

In case you're not familiar:
    If you have any interest in technology or just love a good drama, you HAVE to see this show. It only lasted 4 seasons, but the entire thing is available on Netflix.

man.tis.shrimp likes this.
  2. One of the best shows of the last ten years.

Season 2 to 4 are purrrfection. It totally picked up the baton from Six Feet Under when it came to shows that give me allllll the feels.

3. I’m only on season one or I’d be posting in here!

truman likes this.
  4. Omg. It's the worst one. Definitely worth it for the groundwork it lays for the rest of the seasons but it really pales in comparison to the later seasons.

A lot of that has to do with who and what the show decides to focus on I think.

5. As long as Lee Pace is in it, I'm sold.

6. He's the weakest part though. Sorry not sorry.

7. but I wanna fuck him so why does that even matter

8. Because after watching it you should want to fuck Mackenzie Davis even more

9. She's onscreen as we speak and she's already magnetic.

truman likes this.
  10. All of the leads are excellent. But Donna is my favourite. But they're all great - and complex. I am surprised this show didn't have an existing thread.

truman likes this.
  11. I've still got to watch the final season but fuck is it such a good show. So sad to see it go.

12. I haven't started season 4 yet, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for bearded Joe tbh.

Cameron has always been my favorite character. I love her don't-give-a-fuck attitude.

13. I started watching this a few years ago but stopped for some reason. I'm going to give it another go cause I didn't dislike it.

14. Five episodes into season two and oh god, Donna is so amazing.

Seventeen Days, Heartthrob and truman like this.
  15. There's some moments in season two where she's kind of irritating, but tbh that's to be expected. I fucking love her in season 3 - she really develops over time.

16. On episode 2.10 and FUCK. Please no spoilers, but Gordon's storyline is destroying me. Also, Joe's wife is just about the most boring character ever, right? I feel like she's really underwritten.

Cameron and Donna continue to be incredible.

truman likes this.
  17. Cameron and Donna is where it's at. THE HEART OF THE SHOW. Fuck Lee Pace. (literally and figuratively)

18. Donna has captured my heart fully. Cameron is obviously amazing, but Donna has it. I want to cry, cheer and laugh every time she does anything. What a character.

19. In the middle of S2 and will I ever stop being annoyed by Joe’s rolled-up sleeves?

Seventeen Days likes this.
  20. Mackenzie Davis seems to be having an amazing post-Halt career with Tully and she will be in the Terminator reboot, and deservedly so.

I hope Kerry Bishe also gets some good roles, too. She's fantastic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.