Harry Potter and the Author's Other Various Endeavours | Page 99 | The Popjustice Forum

Harry Potter and the Author's Other Various Endeavours

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sam de Jour, Aug 8, 2015.

1. The fact JK Rowling could have done ANYTHING after Harry Potter, any book series, any tv show, any movie and probably gotten the green light in a heartbeat and instead for the last ten years she’s done a shitty crime novel series under a pen name followed by a ‘Harry Potter’ spin off movie, then the sequel, then another sequel, then a stage play.....about ‘Harry Potter’, plus an interactive website about Harry Potter, in between feeding us useless back story and future tid bits...about HARRY. FUCKING. POTTER.

Such a waste of potential.

Threeney likes this.
  2. Please don’t let JK screenwrite any more films... she can’t do it for shit

superglowy likes this.
  3. The Cormoran Strike books are great though, I wouldn't mind if she stuck to that. Honestly I'm way more into them than anything Harry Potter related to have been released in the last few years.

4. I personally thought the Casual Vacancy was a brilliant book, so gut wrenching. It went downhill from there.

5. I’m going to the Warner Bros Harry Potter Studios in London next week and the little boy who spent his childhood with the books and the movies in me couldn’t be more excited. I’ve heard only nice things about it so hopefully I won’t be disappointed.

aniraz, HEARTCORE, DoggySwami and 6 others like this.
  6. I remember going back when it first opened and spending 6 hours in there. It's like being a kid in a candy store. My advice is take your time, the series is known for all it's Easter eggs and you can discover them throughout. The gift shop is also amazing so come ready to spend!

Lapras and sugarcoma like this.
  7. I remember going back when it first opened and spending 6 hours in there. It's like being a kid in a candy store. My advice is take your time, the series is known for all it's Easter eggs and you can discover them throughout. The gift shop is also amazing so come ready to spend!

8. LTG

LTG

My sister got us in for free cause she was working at the butterbeer counter. Went just before Christmas and they’d covered a lot of it in snow.

Lapras likes this.
  9. I went in June and spotted Kevin Richardson from the Backstreet Boys.

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  10. I’ve been every year since it opened!

Lapras likes this.
  11. A trans character in Harry Potter? JK would never!

Aidan likes this.
  12. Every now and then I think of that fact Harry named his child after the grown ass man that bullied him for multiple years for the crime of being related to the woman he used to stalk, and not only did he not pick literally any other person in his life, apparently no-one thought to object at any stage of the naming process.

James2009, superglowy, aniraz and 9 others like this.
  13. Exactly. The entire epilogue is so cringy and lazy, I never understood why she kept something she wrote first before she even developed everything.

Honestly, I don't get when some fans started to romanticize both him and Draco, I see that a lot in fandom. Its like they forgot Snape is a guy who went on the wrong path, asked Dumbledore to spare only Lily and then treated her son like shit, as well as other students. But no, some fans think he became bitter because big bad James stole his girl. Same as Draco, he was a bully, full of himself and he looked down on everyone.

By the way, the thing that annoyed me in HBP is how Ron and Hermione suddenly don't believe Harry at all that Draco is shady. Its one of the rare times Harry was spot on while they completely ignored his worries.

14. I've been there 3 times, and every single time it is a treat! Christmas in particular is a wonderful time to go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.