Harry Potter and the Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist | Page 105 | The Popjustice Forum

Harry Potter and the Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sam, Aug 8, 2015.

1. I’m not much of a Doctor Who fan but are you not thinking of Torchwood? Which wasn’t aimed at children from what I remember.

2. Nah the parent show was full of it too

andrew* likes this.
  3. I don't think she did change it, she just didn't directly address it.

4. You girls really believe an unknown writer in 1990 writing a child’s book was like ‘ I know, he’s a GAY wizard’, or around the early 2000s where Joss Whedon was having to threaten to quit Buffy just to get ONE three second kiss on air or the first ever prime time gay kiss on Dawsons Creek was causing threats of dropped sponsors/boycotts J K Rowling had it in her plans that Dumbledore was all about that 8 inch wand?

And if so, shame on her for treating it the way she was because if Grindewald has been female, his and Dumbledores story would have been specifically laid out as a tragic romance.

Fuck J K Rowling.

5. We love when Miriam appears on Graham Norton.

Subspace88 likes this.
  6. Finally some good news!

Island and DoggySwami like this.
  7. I keep remembering we have three Fantastic Beasts movies left and just feeling preemptive exhaustion

8. I’m still going to read it but the whole series has been tainted for me since JK’s tweet, which confirmed to me that Strike’s contempt for the trans character in the Silkworm was actually an extension of her own contempt for trans people in general. I was in denial about it at the time (at least Robin regards the trans character as an actual human being etc.) but upon reflection, JK’s makes her feelings pretty clear about trans people by the character’s whole trajectory.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    JMRGBY, DoggySwami, Sam and 6 others like this.
  9. Also, a new book means a press tour and publicity to do. That means more chances to ~embellish~ the Wizarding World, and more importantly, say problematic things.

10. I though she just published these ones and ignored the rest? Since they're by Robert and all that.

DoggySwami and citoig like this.
  11. LTG

LTG

Did you see the doctored photo and her reaction to it?

I can’t

12. I actively hate her

13. The fact it that sailed straight past her head that it was even semi-believable thanks to her past comments is infuriating.

stuaw likes this.
  14. Surely that top one isn't real? I can't see it reported anywhere...

15. He

He

Yes, the original poster says it is doctored.

But her reaction to it...

16. Is the second one her reaction? It's going completely over my head tbh.

17. That's the Swiftie from Israel who went to prison! Icon.

18. I randomly remembered that Harry Potter mobile game earlier today. That really came and went, huh? I don't think I've seen or heard it mentioned anywhere since like the week it was released.

19. I played it for a day but it just wasn't enjoyable and felt really clunky and unintuitive

AllGagaLike and Sam like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.