Harry Potter and the Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist | Page 107 | The Popjustice Forum

Harry Potter and the Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sam, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Deathly Hallows Part 1 is superior because of the quieter character moments that it gives us

marie_05, rdp, stuaw and 2 others like this.
  2. He

He

It is definitely the best. They really captured the tone of the book and made it heartfelt and exciting.

3. I loved the movies at the time, but it's only nostalgia that makes me rewatch.

1-2 are charming in that 90s kids movie way.

3 I don't like as much as everyone else it seems. The kids just didn't have the range to pull it off, and all the humour is so cringey.

4-6 are just terrible.

Deathly Hallows Part One is great. Well paced, and the kids are finally able to pull off angst. Part Two is OK but Voldemort's death is such a non event it brings the whole film down.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  4. He

He

They really dropped the ball with the battle of Hogwarts. Making it so spread out, especially Harry and Voldemort flying all over the place, and then finishing him off when no one was watching.

Also, not having Ginny, Hermione and Luna duel Bellatrix before Molly, was homophobic. If there was a time to extend anything, that was it.

5. I hate the Prisoner of Azkaban film, it's my least favourite by far. Which is extra annoying because it's my favourite book by a longshot.

He likes this.
  6. 1 and 2 are great and 7 and 8 are great and 2-6 is all try hard trash color graded by a toddler FIGHT ME

7. Films 7 and 8, yeah not for me. 7 was ok but it had that super cringey dance between Harry and Hermione, and 8.... the battle between Harry and Voldemort that turned into a punch up?? Lame.

To be honest, I’m not sure I would have liked any movie they did as I loved the books so much anything was going to be a disappointment. But there are such good child actors out there and those 3 for the most part just made me cringe with how terrible they were. I’d have taken movies with just the teachers in (bar Dumbledore).

SunshineConcubine and POPGASM like this.
  8. He

He

The dance scene was amazing, I thought. It was such a tender moment between friends who were living on the run, and all the unsaid things and troubles were being put aside for a moment of fun and support. One of the best additions, I thought.

I wonder when / if these will get remade in 10-20 years.

9. I felt like that was what it was going for but I had to watch it through my fingers - I think I have a sensitive cringe-ometer, I blame my bf.

POPGASM and If You Go like this.
  10. I would rather an animated series than a full on movie remake. Animation has less restraints than live action, you can hire adults to voice the kids so the acting wouldn't be so wooden, and include tons of characters cut from the movies.

Holly Something and dirtypony like this.
  11. He

He

Hmm that’s an idea. Though I cannot imagine a style for it, nor who’d make it.

Or maybe a 7 season high budget show? Like what Netflix did with A Series of Unfortunate Events.

roborovsky and Holly Something like this.
  12. Netflix’s A Series Of Unfortunate Events was pretty shit I thought - BBC / HBO His Dark Materials is how it should be done.

13. Sam

Sam

Ooooo I really enjoyed A Series of...

Wouldn’t mind a remake in that style.

Dangerous Maknae, Aidan and He like this.
  14. He

He

I never read the books but A Series of... but the show was good and looked amazing.

My point was just do a show with a consistent direction and a high budget, if His Dark Materials is great, then yes, use that one as template.

15. Series of Unfortunate Events was incredible after it got past the first three books and people stopped comparing it to the movie

16. I'd love a TV version with 7 seasons so they can do it all properly. I wouldn't be mad at an animated version just so it's done differently.

dirtypony likes this.
  17. I agree, I liked that scene and I don't get why so many thought it ruined something. Plus, even Rowling herself likes it. Some of the film additions were really good when I think about it but Harry snapping the wand in the end was unnecessary.

He likes this.
  18. He

He

Most I feel disliked it because they add a sexual / romantic layer to it, and it really isn't there.

19. This pretty much sums up my opinion about the films, except I actually liked Goblet of Fire a lot, mostly because of Victor Krum's actor (he was my first crush ever I think ddd) and the all female Beauxbatons school. The scene where they enter the great hall was an iconic moment I watched 50 times as a kid.

20. The entrance scene for the Beauxbaton students is really fucking creepy and sexualised considering they're meant to be 17 years old

Holly Something, Lapras and He like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.