Harry Potter and the Transphobic Author | Page 108 | The Popjustice Forum

Harry Potter and the Transphobic Author

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sam, Aug 8, 2015.

1. He

He

Beauxbatons being turned into Cirque Du Soleil and prancing girls.

Fleur not being an obvious Veela.

Madame Maxime's bad wig.

The dragon destroying Howgwarts.

No Winky.

Making it obvious Barty Crouch Jr. was evil. That tongue crap!

Dumbledore abusing Harry.

Harry's hair.

Thanks, I hate it!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Island, An Insider, Mikal and 10 others like this.
  2. Scream, I didn't know you guys hate it so much. But then I was like 8 when I watched it and you guys were probably older so the mistakes must have been more obvious for you.

Nn I always think of it as his best hairstyle.

eatyourself, An Insider and He like this.
  3. The best one is the third and that's el té.

Gracias, Cuarón <3

4. Why did the series go through so many directors anyway? I haven't watched them in ages but I definitely remember feeling there was a huge shift between the second and third films.

5. Shrunken Jamaican head says no.

H&M instead of school uniforms says no.

Clunky exposition dialogue says no.

6. Second movie didn't make as much as they wanted, then the third even less.

soratami likes this.
  7. I'm surprised to hear that actually, always thought they'd all been huge successes.

Robert likes this.
  8. [​IMG]

4Roses, eatyourself, Island and 17 others like this.
  9. They were successful, just Chamber of Secrets brought in 100 million less than Philosopher's Stone but still 870 million. Azkaban brought in 800 million.

soratami likes this.
  10. I mean, if we’re being honest, the movies are loveable but also a bit shit. Like a very high budget BBC film.

An Insider, Eskapism, POPGASM and 2 others like this.
  11. As far as I remember, the plan was always to have Chris direct all the films. But once he realised he would have to make them pretty much back to back (to tackle the issue of the fast growing child actors), he decided to back out.

I don't know what their plans were director-wise after that, but I don't think it was to have a different director for each film.

soratami and superglowy like this.
  12. This is exactly the reason that I love Batman & Robin even though basically everyone else hates it!

4Roses, citoig, Music Is Life and 3 others like this.
  13. Yeah, Philosopher's Stone came out when I was 9 and Deathly Hallows 2 when I was 18 so they really were my childhood/teenage years and I find it so hard to criticise them because of that. I was absolutely obsessed with the books as well and I was that child who made their parent take them to the midnight releases.

14. Oh, there’s the taste! Batman & Robin is a cinema classic and I won’t hear anything to the contrary.

citoig and Holly Something like this.
  15. Sorcerer's Stone came out the year after I was born.
    I convinced my dad to take me to see Goblet of Fire in theaters when I was 5 years old and saw every single one after that, until I was 11, then again with both Fantastic Beasts movies so far.
    They are my childhood and seeing any kind of negative opinions about them in here (however accurate they may or may not be) boils my blood.
    Batman and Robin is also a big part of my childhood, and I have a lot of love for it.

16. I remember my mum holding her hand in front of my eyes when the end of Sorcerer's Stone took place and Voldie was scary. I must have been 8 or 9 at the time.

17. I think that's one of the best things about the Harry Potter series, actually. A lot of readers of a similar age to the characters grew up alongside them. In a funny way, they all attended Hogwarts together.

Island, DoggySwami, aniraz and 6 others like this.
  18. Me and a couple of good friends living in other countries did a call last night and ended up quizzing each other on the Harry Potter universe for about two and a half hours. It was ridiculous (great test of memory though teebs) but really fun and reminded me how much I have loved this world she created with its insane intricacies and sheer sense of detail.

I really want to re-read all the books but I know I don't have the willpower so I guess I'll just cherry pick the films ddd.

Music Is Life likes this.
  19. I just read that Rupert Grint is about to become a father and suddenly felt so old.

[​IMG]

Booers likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.