Harry Styles - Harry’s House | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Harry Styles - Harry’s House

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Not when Liam exists. And Zayn was the best when he was still in the group.

2. He might be the best writer but not the best singer. Zayn and Liam had to basically change the way they sung in order to compliment Harry the lead singer.

Liam is the overall better singer in the group.

Furball and lushLuck like this.
  3. He was the best at walking around on stage. Honestly, you couldn't take your eyes off him. He has that going for him.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  4. I don't think he's charismatic, attractive, or particularly talented. The only thing he has going for him is that he's media-savvy. He learned well from Taylor.

5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Genuine question, @Mack - have you been to one of their concerts? Harry was the only one who consistently engaged the audience at mine. Well and I guess Liam told us to "sing it" 500 times.

Sam likes this.
  6. I haven't! He probably is a lot different in concert. I'm only basing my opinion on the televised performances I've seen.

7. Harry might be a lot weaker technically than Liam or Zayn, but he has the deepest cutting voice by a good margin. There's a reason he was always on chorus duty.

mcuk and ohnostalgia like this.
  8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

He's a lot different in concerts. Something happens to Harry when he performs on big television shows. He tends to get quiet and screw up. Definitely something he'll need to work on if he wants to make it solo.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  9. Yeah he's always had issues with nerves. He's gotten better though.

10. Harry is the most fun to watch in concert. He spends the entire time racing around the stage, engaging with every audience member he can. I've had actual lip-reading/hand signal conversations with him at various shows because he makes THAT much effort to connect with the audience.

All the while, Liam is doing all the vocal harmonies, mic flipping, and dancing. Harry spends the concert delighting the fans, while Liam does the work.

The others were there.

Furball likes this.
  11. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

You're not giving them enough credit. Sometimes they also forgot the lyrics.

12. I'm completely baffled when someone applauds Harry's songwriting skills. "Olivia" is a regurgitated Beatles track. "Stockholm Syndrome" is nothing to write home about and sounds just like "Everyone Wants to Rule the World". He wrote the weakest song on Ariana's "My Everything". What exactly is so good about his pen?

13. I could never bring myself to pay over $free.99 to see them in concert even though I like their songs.

14. In a fit of delirium, I went to one of their concerts post-Zayn. My overall impressions were: Harry skipping around a lot in Chelsea boots (his hair was pretty but that was about it), Louis being generally off-key, Liam singing his ass off (seriously, every single 'harmony', he was the only one bringing the harmony and backing up Louis and Niall, sometimes Harry constantly while also covering Zayn's parts and his own), Niall had a guitar in his hands for most of it but rarely seemed to actually play it.

Maybe you have to be on Harry's side of the stage to get the experience but I didn't walk away finding any of them particularly interesting performers. They've all got a lot of work to do - Liam probably the least because he can sing on-key and at least looks engaged most of the time except for when Louis is all up in his business throwing water at him or whatever.

eccentricsimply likes this.
  15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

According to Dan, Harry has left Modest Management and signed Jeff Azoff as his rep

"And there are suggestions in the industry that SIMON COWELL and his record company Syco could be the next victim of Harry’s clear out of anyone with previous links to 1D.

Last night a senior music insider revealed: “Harry is done with One Direction. He wants to completely disassociate with the band and that includes any professional connection.

“His new team will be about launching him as a solo superstar by around this time next year so the work is starting now.".

This has truly been the best day for me between Zayn, Rihanna, and now Harry (praying it is true).

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  16. Funny it's going to take a whole year to develop him solo and get him ready for release? Hmm. I always imagined he had everything ready and lined up ready to go.

Deleted member 14291 likes this.
  17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Well he better be taking those rumoured singing lessons during this time, is all I'm saying. Dan implied he wanted a break, so who knows.

18. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

On my concert, back in 2014, I didn't really think much of Harry. Probably because I was looking at Zayn. I defend he's either gonna need new vocal chords or to learn how to master the art of lipsync to manage live shows

lushLuck likes this.
  19. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Harry is my undeniable One Direction fave so I'm biased and even I was cringing at his voice the last year. Stop screaming child.

bess marvin likes this.
  20. Harry became my new charming moppet of a fav when I finally realised how much of an idiot Louis was. I think the waiting for a solo release is probably a good idea though; A Harry vs Zayn media narrative will do neither of them favours in the long run, and we've all seen how taking time out to build some goodwill with clever PR and pretty magazine spreads helps build hype.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.