Hatchie - Giving the World Away | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

Hatchie - Giving the World Away

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Nov 19, 2017.

1. I'm so tempted to go to the show by myself, it's on a Friday in Portland!

slaybellz and AndrewX like this.
  2. It didn’t strike me at first but Take My Hand is incredible. I love the relaxed, downtempo vibe.

3. Do it! I would love if she came close to me. I don't go to many concerts but she is definitely on my list to see. I thought for sure she would come to Nashville. Here's hoping.

slaybellz and xtophermorrison like this.
  4. I think I’m going to, only $17 and it’s at a very small venue. Maybe 100-150 people tops. Most importantly, 21+!

slaybellz, backstreetjoe and AndrewX like this.
  5. Just diving into the album now, I haven't heard many of the pre-releases so it's all quite fresh to me. Hatchie's voice has this almost 80's girl group/lead singer quality to it which I love. One of the first things that's grabbing me is the production job, it's near perfect. Jorge Elbrecht is an extremely underrated Pop producer. I think we'll see more alt-pop girls swing his way in the near future.

Makes me hopeful for his contributions towards Masochism, should it ever surface.

slaybellz, Hunter, Island and 11 others like this.
  6. The way this album has so many influences and shades.

I'm hearing Tears for Fears, I'm hearing Cocteau Twins, and I'm now realizing the drum loop in 'Lights On' is a lovely homage/reference to 'Kiss Them For Me', not sure if intentional but its these little details that make the album almost seem like it came from another era. Someone work magic on a mashup!

7. Edu

Edu

Don't Leave Me In The Rain... The shoegaziness of it all. And done well!

This album is fantastic.

Hunter, Island, Dreampopboy and 3 others like this.
  8. SLIPS!
    though my hands, a love so fleeting
    I DONT!
    understand, I should have answered the caaaaaaaaaaal
    I never wanted to- fa-all-ha-all-ha-all-ha-all-ha-aaaaallllll

[​IMG]

Hunter, Diet Pop!, Edu and 4 others like this.
  9. It makes me so happy to see you all loving Hatchie!

10. Oh wow this album is absolutely gorgeous. She really has mastered this sound.

Gonna try to catch her show here in a couple weeks!

11. Ok yes girls, I just got to The Key.. The Key is that girl. Probably my favourite alongside Quicksand (which is massive) and Lights On.

12. The Rhythm and Twin were two immediate picks for me but that closing trio has emerged as a gorgeous unfurling to the album's narrative that makes for a perhaps more satisfying end than her debut (and I stan Keep!). I like that she's leaned into the Cocteau Twins influence so much, and giving us this album right as spring is in full motion was perfect timing.

An aside, the title track was the weakest pre-release for me but it really shines here. I think it adds a cautionary balance to the more introspective moments, god knows she can be hard on herself in her songs at times.

13. RJF

RJF

This is a great album.

finito, Hunter, happiestgirl and 14 others like this.
  14. 2022 has given us so many fabulous albums already, and this one is in the top 3 thus far for sure!

15. I actually can't stop playing this!

16. Same! I was kind of meh about it at first because it wasn't as instant as Keepsake. However, it's quickly growing on me. I think I listened to it like 3 times while I mowed today.

xOJakeXo and Andy French like this.
  17. I bought tickets! I've been playing this album non-stop. Lights On is just such a tune.

I still stand by what I said on how it sounds so much like a lost Appleton track. So good!!

AndrewX, Bolton and slaybellz like this.
  18. This is a such a great little pop album.

Perfect for cleaning the house on a Sunday (this sounds like a backhanded compliment but it isn't).

Edu and backstreetjoe like this.
  19. Island

Island Staff Member

She had no right with The Rhythm. It’s such a gorgeous album.

20. She’s kinda a genius at writing hooks. Words of meaning… and sweet melodies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.