Hatchie - Giving the World Away | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

Hatchie - Giving the World Away

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Anyone received their Dinked Edition vinyl yet? I ordered from Friendly Records and they've said they haven't had any turn up yet.

2. I got an email from Piccadilly saying it was delayed until tomorrow, so hopefully we’ll have them soon.

AceReject likes this.
  3. I had a similar thought - Take My Hand reminded me of a few tracks off Ghosts

LeBratt likes this.
  4. This won't stop growing... potential AOTY for me.

5. I almost slept on this album because of how dumb her nom de plume is (why?!?!), but decided to check it out thanks for the overwhelming positivity of this thread, and wow, this is SUCH a strong body of work. Where did she even come from?

Reminds me of Caroline Kingsbury, but dreamier?

Myths likes this.
  6. Mine was posted yesterday from Drift. (I'd also completely forgotten I'd even ordered it.)

AceReject likes this.
  7. The way ‘Sunday Song’ is somehow my new obsession after not giving it much thought…the ending with that distorted synth makes me ascend.

I'm really taken by this album. I ordered the vinyl, I'm eyeing tickets for the mpls show next month, A stan is born!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    TRAVVV, Myths, xOJakeXo and 4 others like this.
  8. She went crazy with this album. It’s a little bit Cocteau Twins, a little bit the Sundays, but not at all derivative. Wonderfully fresh and shimmery.

Twin, Take My Hand, The Key, The Rhythm, Don’t Leave Me in the Rain are my current obsessions but I can feel pretty much every track starting to bloom for me.

9. One of the best albums of the year.

slaybellz, FINISH LINE and AndrewX like this.
  10. The way the songs are already 10s but all the extra ab libs and layers makes them 11s+. Mind blown, where's my dinked edition!?

I’m a bit annoyed at myself for being late to the party when this dream pop delight was there 4 years ago, but then again, now seems like the perfect time to actually discover her.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  11. Excited she's doing Manchester, see you other Little Hatchbacks there!

TRAVVV, Butterfly, ALEX and 1 other person like this.
  12. Just saw her and Caroline Loveglow on the first night of their tour in the US! It was so good!!

13. Playing the album in Dolby Atmos on a really good speaker made my head rattle and my neighbors probably hate me now but...
    [​IMG]

Island, lushLuck, Andy French and 2 others like this.
  14. Ok, her Amsterdam set starts at 10PM?? Sis, some of us have to work the next day...

15. I’m at my friends apartment, she only has Alexa and she won’t recognise Hatchie. Uh.

16. Are times decided by the venue? I saw her in DC and she went on around 9. So it’s not as though she’s a habitually late performer.

17. Yeah, I had to cancel my Dagny ticket for the night before, too: they changed her time from 8 to 10 PM as well.... No trains home for me

18. Wow, both her and Caroline Loveglow were so amazing. Their music is just so fun and uplifting, I was swaying around in a vodka fueled haze the whole set!

Show started at 9 and went on until a little after 11. Caroline signed my shirt and I kind of hope I can find Hatchie to sign the other side. *heart eye emoji*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.