Hatchie - Giving the World Away | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Hatchie - Giving the World Away

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Had a moment with This Enchanted over the weekend, it's so whimsical and almost freeing? She put a little extra magic into that one.

Fuchsia, 2014, slaybellz and 4 others like this.
  2. She just shared on Patreon that there is in fact a new song coming Friday called Quicksand.

3. Another great track. Love her!

4. She's very good at constructing a chorus.

5. The new album is called Giving The World Away, out April 22nd!

6. Oh this is a fucking banger.

7. Yeah, I'm obsessed with this. A perfect pop track, oddly reminds me of those super satisfying choruses from the early '00s.

pop3blow2, Mr Blonde, Hunter and 2 others like this.
  8. Love it. Hearing Quicksand back to back with This Enchanted - she is 2/2 and I'm so excited for the rest.

pop3blow2, slaybellz, Pretend and 4 others like this.
  9. She’s just incredibly reliable.

10. I’m in love with both these songs, this is just the kind of dream-pop shoegaze artist I’ve been craving for a while, so glad I discovered her in time to get the frosted blue vinyl.

11. Loving that super Y2K logo on the vinyl packaging.

12. The Dinked edition vinyl is gorgeous - I love the slightly different colours on the vinyl cover.
    [​IMG]

13. Quicksand is so good, the chorus is massive.

14. Not her having a budget this era cmon queen!

pop3blow2 and Andy French like this.
  15. Had never heard of her until today when I saw she had a 'radioactive' colored vinyl and I wanted to see what it looked like. The cover was giving me a neon fallen angel/Romeo + Juliet vibes and whew do the tracks sound like they belong in that world!

Quicksand is that haunting, slightly fuzzy, sad at last call, walking home buzzed under the streetlights, mascara running down your face, eyes blurry from tears and traces of glitter left on your skin song.

Island, Diet Pop!, Jonathan27 and 5 others like this.
  16. I’ve played Quicksand 20 times already. Whoops!

17. I was worried we were heading into her assorted brilliant singles era with the relative radio silence since This Enchanted. Grateful she’s getting on with it!

18. The Dan Nigro/Olivia Rodrigo connection and the label change (Secretly Canadian) plus the LA-shot video is all pointing to a big push era. For me Quicksand is very much her own take on Carly Rae Jepsen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.