Hatchie - Keepsake (debut album, June 2019) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Hatchie - Keepsake (debut album, June 2019)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by backstreetjoe, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Not yet. I saw some people have been receiving their vinyl, though. I'm so excited!

alejandrusco likes this.
  2. She really DID. THAT. What an album!

'Secret' is already my new favorite song, love at first listen.

LE0Night likes this.
  3. She had a reddit AMA today:

She said her favorite album this year is Dedicated. The taste jumped out.

4. The first track could stand to be a bit more striking and the touted industrial influences were a reach, your honor, but otherwise?

[​IMG]

The shoegays (cc: @Andy French and @Jwentz) better perk up. Unwanted Guest and (especially) Keep are knockouts.

5. Cannot fucking wait to listen to this. It's on my iPhone and burning a hole in my skinny jean pocket.

LE0Night, TRAVVV and Island like this.
  6. This is really good and

this should absolutely happen.

7. Well, this is great. 'Without a Blush' is flippin' brilliant.

slaybellz and Booers like this.
  8. Yeah, Without A Blush is the standout for me. It's very Cocteau Twins meets Sky Ferreira. Her voice is lovely.

9. I wasn't familiar with Hatchie before, but the album is so dreamy and atmospheric.

10. What a great album. She really opened it with the best song, Not That Kind. This album plus Will's are going to be on constant rotate all weekend.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  11. Whew Secret is that driving pensively down the highway at 2AM moment. We have truly decided to ascend.
    [​IMG]

12. Same. It's a good week for electronic pop.

AndrewX likes this.
  13. Petty Mayonnaise likes this.
  14. SO good.

I mean if you like any of the pre-release songs + EP, there's no way this album won't strike you. It's the new standard for jangly guitar pop. There's something ghost-like about her sound, especially the way these incredible melodies just glide in and out like they were never there. It makes repeated listens so satisfying because you'll keep noticing moments like that.

I'm on my 4th listen overall, on "Kiss The Stars." It's like slowly floating up to a starry sky, finally reaching the top and being overwhelmed by how bright everything is. Beautiful.

Andy French and Dreampopboy like this.
  15. STILL I DONT KNOW WHY I JUST PUSH THE FEELING DOOOOOWN

NO I DONT KNOW WHY I JUST PUSH THE FEELING DOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWNN

[​IMG]

16. It really is a fantastic album. I’ve had a growing interest in her for awhile and gave ‘Without A Blush’ my 12 when it was submitted in the recent PJSC77. Lots of good moments on the album, but that song is still a 'wow', to me.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  17. Wthout a Blush played at work today. Icon status.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.