Hatchie - Keepsake (debut album, June 2019) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Hatchie - Keepsake (debut album, June 2019)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by backstreetjoe, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Fantastic album. No filler at all. My favorites must be Obsessed, Kiss The Stars, Not That Kind, Secret, & Stay With Me.

constantino, Dreampopboy and Island like this.
  2. This is SO good.

[​IMG]

3. Finally got a chance to give this a spin. I love it in all it's Cocteau Twins/Pale Saints/Mazzy Star/The Cranberries goodness.

Without A Blush, Obsessed and Her Own Hearts, When I Get Out are the standouts for me on first listen.

constantino and ohaimanabu like this.
  4. This is much better when the production clears up a bit, I find a lot of it extremely muddy. Not quite sure it ever peaks as high as the EP. Very exciting debut though.

'When I Get Out' is the one I think. or 'Keep'.

sonia and ohaimanabu like this.
  5. Definitely Keep. Befuddled over her tweet saying she wasn't gonna put it on the album and that she might have to incorporate it into the live set now. GIRL WAS IT EVER A CHOICE?!

constantino likes this.
  6. The whole album is incredibly strong and cohesive but 'Her Own Heart' and 'Secret' are the ONES.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  7. Her Own Heart has grew on me immensely, I've been listening to it all day.

"ahhhhh.... out of the shadow and into her liiiiiiiiIIIiiiight..."

So gorgeous.

slaybellz and constantino like this.
  8. I saw her at Primavera unknowingly (having not heard of her and who she was prior) and one of the songs she performed live absolutely floored me.

I need to dive into this right now.

FINISH LINE likes this.
  9. Her Own Heart's vocal melodies are SO inspired by the Cranberries and The Smiths its almost disorienting.

Anyway, it's solid from start to finish, I'm glad to see the quality carried over in spades.

digitalkaiser and constantino like this.
  10. I have started to play. I like it so far, reminds me of Alvvays a lot with a dash of Cocteau Twins.

I love that a lot obviously.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    constantino likes this.
  11. 2014

2014 Moderator

My colleague recommended this to me and I'm IN LOVE. With this album not my colleague ffff.

constantino, Jwentz and Artemisia like this.
  12. Really a fabulous album, ALL the way up in my alley.

I have been having that Not That Kind Of Gay sweet tooth and this has been a godsend.

PS: Kiss The Stars and Stay With Me are transcendent.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    constantino and Jwentz like this.
  13. 86 on Metacritic & the album receives a... 6.5 from Pitchfork.

First Madame X, now this. They're really testing me. Their reviews have been pretty trash lately.

14. Clear vinyl PURCHASED'T.

[​IMG]

TRAVVV and slaybellz like this.
  15. It's very reminiscent of when Masseduction and Dirty Computer were getting acclaim literally everywhere else so pitchfork decided to give them both sub-8 scores. The misogyny jumped out.

16. Finally diving in, and holy hell this album is fucking amazing. It’s basically a cross section of most of my favorite dream pop bands. Pastel wig flew!

Kiss The Stars is the one for me. Absolutely gorgeous.

17. This is so Cocteau Twins at their most pop so of course I'm super into it.

18. Found out the other day that queen even got Robin Guthrie himself to do a remix for her.

Legends only!

constantino, Jwentz, Artangel and 2 others like this.
  19. I still love this album so much.

Not That Kind is the perfect opener.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.