Haunting of Hill House + The Haunting of Bly Manor | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Haunting of Hill House + The Haunting of Bly Manor

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by wickedbruv, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Right?! I have never paused something so much in my life, but I had to with this because I needed that recovery time. I really want to watch it again because I want to find all the hidden ghosts, but I just don't know if I can do it to myself.

I would definitely recommend getting to the end of the season if you can because I do think the whole season is an incredible piece of television. But obviously at the same time you know I completely understand if you didn't haha sometimes I even surprise myself that I got through it.

Gemini, P'NutButter and spaceship like this.
  2. So excited for this! Will rewatch The Haunting on Hill House in anticipation.

GodsAndMonsters and spaceship like this.
  3. I'm just a hole, sir. I'm so amped for this.

OlliMaus, stuaw, DangerousHun and 6 others like this.
  4. My thoughts whenever I see Oliver Jackson-Cohen!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    OlliMaus, stuaw, Dreampopboy and 4 others like this.
  5. I absolutely freaked out when I saw the faces in the water.

spaceship likes this.
  6. T’Nia Miller is always superb

7. Premieres October 9!

8. I know the teaser trailer was posted already in the Hill House topic but let's have a new one for this?

Looks goooood, can't wait to find out more about the story. Very stoked for the 80s setting and glad Victoria Pedretti (Nell) is back in a new role.

The first series was one of the best "horror" (hybrid) series/movies in a long time in my opinion.

9. Loved Hill House. Can’t wait.

10. I just loved everything about Hill House. The story and characters were so strong. I really hope they can recapture the magic.

IndyRS likes this.
  11. Yes! Although not try to recreate what it did, because it'll fall flat. But find it's footing as a true follow up to the first season.
    I do wonder if it will follow the past and present stories alternating like season 1 did.

I am so sad Carla and Reaser aren't returning. But excited for who is!

12. If they can keep their focus on writing great characters who lend an emotional truth/weight to proceedings like they did with Hill House, then we’ll be in for a treat. I can’t help but be hopeful!

IndyRS likes this.
  13. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Merged the two threads since The Haunting of Bly Manor kinda works as a follow up to The Haunting of Hill House and there's no need for a new one.

14. I’m so on tenterhooks for this.

stuaw, Dreampopboy and johnny_tsunami like this.
  15. I’m doing a rewatch and Nell’s story is so dark. The last shot of her in episode 6. Fuck.

itylts, Mikal, Alenko and 4 others like this.
  16. I’m watching the original series for the first time at the moment. It’s grabbing me more as a character drama first and a horror second, I’m really enjoying it. I can’t believe how great the casting is. The three adult daughters could literally be real life sisters and actually related to the actress who plays the mother.

LPT, Mikal, Alenko and 4 others like this.
  17. I’m envious. The joy of discovery. Are you at episode 6 yet?

itylts likes this.
  18. The entire episode... goodness, if I were still a film student.

itylts likes this.
  19. I’m just about to watch episode 5, so watch this space. I’ll be right back

IEngineered likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.