Haunting on Hill House (Netflix) | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Haunting on Hill House (Netflix)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by wickedbruv, Oct 14, 2018.

1. I have watched the whole series through three times, and I can confirm it's one of my favorite shows ever. I'm an emotional wreck by the end, every single time. I've even warmed to the final episode. It's not how I would have ended the story, but I can appreciate it for what it is.

2. I need to watch more than the first episode don't I

3. Sis.

4. Yes Sis?

5. You do indeed need to watch the whole show! The episode in the funeral home is legitimately masterful filmmaking.

6. One of the best TV episodes ever. That first scene!!!

7. But... the whole episode is one long scene.

8. technically I think it’s about 3 with cuts. One of my fave episodes of tv ever.

IndyRS likes this.
  9. Oh I appreciate that it’s not one long take, there is some creative editing happening. It’s one of the best episodes of any TV show. The circular shot where the adult actors turn into the children and back again is genius. The modern set transitioning into Hill House is incredible.

IndyRS and itylts like this.
  10. ugh you just describing it has made me want to watch it again, I think literally left an impression on me that few shows have.

edit: also I realize you now said scene not take, I jumped on that way too quick lol

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    IndyRS likes this.
  11. It was one of the best seasons of televisions I've ever watched and it was genuinely scary at times. I understand why a second season is on the way, but I hope it doesn't tarnish the first.

Remorque, Alenko, Someboy and 4 others like this.
  12. I think if they were continuing the first story, then the second season would have a greater chance of getting panned reviews.
    So I'm excited for this fresh new story. The premise looks promising!

I like that not everyone came back either. As much as I'd love to see them all back in new roles, I don't want a American Horror Story. So if Carla Gugino comes back for season 3, that would be perfect. Kinda give each season the chance to shine new actors in some roles.

itylts likes this.
  13. I... should probably finish this series.
    I started watching it when it came out, I watched half of the show with my hands over my eyes, peaking through the cracks to read subtitles. I do NOT handle horror well........... but the story was so damn good I couldn't stop. Until I got past the bent neck lady episode. Then it started to become Christmas time and I was watching too show and I just wasn't in the mood for horror and I never went back to it.

I'm surprised more people don't rave and recommend it though, it's definitely a great show that draws you in- it drew me in and I don't even like horror.

14. I finally watched this and yes it was great. Surprised there wasn't pages of talk about episode 6 though? It took them 1 month to rehearse it and the entire house was design with it in mind. Amazing stuff.

wickedbruv and itylts like this.
  15. I only watched one episode and it didnt grab me. I’ll have to revisit and give it another shot.

Dreampopboy likes this.
  16. I mean we did literally discuss it about 5 posts before your’s but yes, it’s one of the best episodes of TV I’ve ever seen. Better than the vast majority of horror films too.

itylts likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.