Hawkeye | The Popjustice Forum

Hawkeye

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Joe., Nov 24, 2021.

1. I haven't watched yet - but it's fine to put spoilers in here for episode that have already aired.

2. No one watched this? Curious if it's worth it.

3. Just watched the first episode and I'm into it. I'm not sure about Hailee, but the setting is quite good.

4. Ok so I’ve finished both episodes and I think it’s really great? The lighter tone really works well and I think Kate feels so full of heart. Her taking her trauma from the past and pushing to change the world and make her mark because of it

He, Music Is Death and johnoclock like this.
  5. Pleasantly surprised with the first two episodes. I'm enjoying it a lot more than Falcon & the Winter Soldier.

6. Agreed, Hailee and Jeremy have great chemistry, and Hailee is a star at the best of times. I read some rough reviews and I don’t understand it at all, I thought both eps were really fun!

7. I haven't read any, I did hear it got mixed but I don't know. I love when they actually feel like comic book stories, and this is right up my alley. Less big picture and more standalone (so far it seems at least).

cleggar likes this.
  8. It’s at 86% on Rotten Tomatoes so it’s managed to charm most critics. Scream at Hailee’s other 2 November projects being at 100%. We ain’t ever getting that album

9. His children’s age confuse me. They were little kids in Endgame but now two of them are teenagers and one is still a little kid

10. Didn't one get caught in the "snap"?

I don't really pay much attention to Hawkeye / his family so I could be wrong.

11. I go deaf and blind simultaneously when they’re on screen so who really knows for sure

12. They all got dusted nn
    Scream

13. A really promising start - The story was solid and Hailee really stole the show, like really stole it - she was way more confident and comfortable in the part than I expected despite knowing how good she can be.

The battle reenactment was the only bit I wasn't keen on, but otherwise, I'm perched for more.

14. Agreed, just watched the first episode and it was really enjoyable, the pacing was extremely good.

15. I really enjoyed the first two episodes. Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld have great buddy cop energy. I was surprised to discover that the Tracksuit Mafia are comic characters and not just an MCU exclusive—they were wise to retitle them from the Tracksuit Draculas to the Tracksuit Mafia, tbh.

16. Really loved the first two episodes!

17. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Hailee Steinfeld supremacy!

18. Hailey Steinfeld brings so much to the series. I love it! I have so many ideas as to what’s going on….
    Kate’s parents disappearing at the beginning of the flashback… I think Vera killed the father… and I also think she killed the old guy. I think/hope she’s Madame Mask.

19. Echoing everybody's love of Hailey as Kate. She's really embodying the character and she's almost making Clint likeable.

Her dad is totally alive, I get the feeling he faked his death to claim for life insurance during the battle of NYC. if only because Brian D'arcy James (Broadway's Shrek and Debra Messing's Awful husband from SMASH) is listed in the opening credits. Feels like he's going to have some significance down the line.

I'm also very excited to see Yelena show up, I think she and Kate are going to have fantastic chemistry together.

He and VitaminBee like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.