He-Man and She-Ra (Netflix cast revealed) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

He-Man and She-Ra (Netflix cast revealed)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Tribal Spaceman, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Same. I didn't know it was her at first. I love what they've done with her powers where she can summon nets made of energy though. Definitely an improvement.

Maggie's Myth likes this.
  2. I'm not feeling the whole Adora and Kat-ra being bezzie mates though...

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  3. It'll be cool if they put the original series on Netflix as well. I only have the complete Season 1 on DVD.

4. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

We only got season one part one in the UK I think. I hope they give us a full release now to coincide with the reboot.

5. I bought the American ones as I have a region free DVD player.

6. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Nice! I have season one vol 2 from the USA but my region free player has long since died. I did rip the episodes to a HDD though.

Holly Something likes this.
  7. It is. Well, season 1.

8. It is? Cool.

9. This would be a perfect look for a live action movie. I’m imagining Charlize Theron (although she may be a bit old now)

10. Definitely watching this, the latest trailer looks good though obviously completely different in tone to the original. Shadow Weaver looks far more badass.

11. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

[​IMG]
    There's a prom episode in which they're all wearing Earth clothes so I'm gonna assume this is set in the future and not an alien planet or something.

12. The cast of RuPaul's Drag Race season 7 looks great in animation.

13. The "Netflix" in the opening title section being a nod to the Filmation opening is very cute.

14. Binge watched this last night, I love the character development and there’s some nice nods to the original. Not keen on the transformation sequence.

15. Watched episode one, it's not really my thing so far but I'll watch a few more. I'm not sure who their target audience for this is?

The characters having sarcastic one-liners every other minute is rather grating and the animation is a little... stale.

I'd hoped it might have a little more depth to it, like the Thundercats reboot a few years back.

Maybe it gets better?

16. I'm about half way through.

It's okay. It's obviously not aimed at us old She-ra fans but a new generation.

17. That's the thing though - they know a lot of 'old She-ra' fans are going to want to watch it so I'm surprised they haven't tried to make it a good mix of the old and new. This feels like they're trying to 'make it their own' and not in a good way.

18. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I appreciate their efforts to add structure to the aims and history of the Rebellion, and the background artwork is as gorgeous as the previews suggested, but the character redesigns are incredibly bland and the voice acting is grating. It feels they were somewhat embarrassed of the source material, with many of the more "lively" characters toned right down or made mute (and in some cases reduced to being inanimate objects), whilst at the same time they've made the the likes of Adora, Bow Glimmer and Catra act "zany" for no apparent reason.

Hopefully the inevitable live-action movie won't borrow too much from this incarnation, but they'd do well to hire the background artists for concept art.

19. I find the look of all the characters a real barrier when it comes to giving this a go cos they all have the same vacant faces and big eyes. I'm five episodes in (thank you, flu bug) and I want it to be a good show so badly but the voices and one liners are well annoying and turning Kowl into a plushie and Broom into a broom made me sad cos they are actual characters not jokes to be dismissed.

She-Ra is the most underdeveloped character too. She's meant to be wise and witty and brave and all she does is show up at the last minute and swing her sword once and save the day. I say She-Ra but I think it's actually a high school jock.
    [​IMG]

20. Thanks for the reviews guys. I’ll skip it.

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.