He-Man and She-Ra (Netflix cast revealed) | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

He-Man and She-Ra (Netflix cast revealed)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Tribal Spaceman, Jun 14, 2017.

1. He

He

The show is purposefully not called He-Man. He’s still at the center though.

I like this Last Of Us 2 spin on it.

Macsun and Monkey0 like this.
  2. I loved it. I think it had great balance between nostalgia and moving forward. The only thing I don't get is splitting season in half, no one wants that.

3. I think Netflix will be doing it more to avoid buzz for a show just being once a week…within a year.

Leopold, Monkey0 and He like this.
  4. He

He

Indeed, Disney has found a lot of media engagement doing weekly releases. I actually liked it was not all give at once.

Macsun likes this.
  5. I wish they were more clear about it. This was the second show I went in only to find out it was just half a season after watching. I'll just need to wait, google and confirm which one it is from now on.

6. Do we know when the next part is coming?

Overall, I enjoyed it. Again, lots of references to the movie (which I personally love) so that was good. I wish some of the voice actors had a little more personality though.

7. I just finished it and I really liked it.

The creators don‘t really like He-Man do they? Ddd

8. He

He

Also, Orko had such a moment!

I truly hope they are back. I felt so sad after they got ´killed´.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  9. True! He went through so much character development in just one episode compared to the bajillion episodes of the original series.

I hope they do the same with Snarf in the new ThunderCats series.

Chris_P and He like this.
  10. Woah! This is news to me! Hopefully it won't be as watered down as it was last time they tried.

11. dddd it’s actually a movie my bad

bonnieetclyde and Chris_P like this.

12. Spoilers obviously.

Didn‘t like the comment about Orko but made me excited about Evil-Lyn.

13. Kevin is a tad annoying isn't he...

rav4boy, He and Alenko like this.
  14. He

He

Yeah I rather not watch him much. I was holding out hope for Orko though.

15. I’m not gonna take that as gospel.
    He was one of the best things about part one and I loved his dynamic with Lyn.

16. This is so good

17. I had no idea another He-Man series was developed. Netflix sure does crank them out.

Chris_P likes this.
  18. Next. This looks more inline with that She-Ra cartoon.

19. Hehe. With the way the character are designed, you can tell this show is to sell toys.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  20. He-Man and the sword look like crap, but everything else looks good? It just seems too different, it's no longer the same show. Which is fine I guess. I think She-Ra was much more faithful in terms of tone than this. Like, that show was also drastically different, but to me it still looked and felt like a variation of She-Ra while this is not much more than based on He-Man. I guess we'll see! The animation seems great.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.