Heartstopper (Renewed for 2 more seasons!) | Page 25 | The Popjustice Forum

Heartstopper (Renewed for 2 more seasons!)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Sick Sad World, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Young Royals was in the top 10 for one week with around 9m hours.
    It debuted at the beginning of July and second season was announced in September.

Heartstopper will be fine.

GimmeWork, Lander, ItBeats and 3 others like this.
  2. When Charlie tells Nick the bullying is ok he's used to it, and Nick says "you shouldn't have to be! You shouldn't have to put up with anything like that!" He always looks like he's about to burst into tears with love for Charlie.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  3. The preview we get in the US when you stop on the title (don't know if it's the same everywhere?) is the scene where the sister is asking Charile about breaking up with his boyfriend "was he a knob?" It's like a generic scene from any show and I almost passed on it because of that.

Sick Sad World, Mvnl and aboutyounow like this.
  4. So I watched a compilation of Char & Nick’s best bits on YouTube last night and cried for quite a bit of it. The way this show is so beautiful but also brings up trauma for me. The dichotomy is real.

5. Not good. My guess is they wouldn't want to show anything too 'gay' but they really should go for the scene where Charlie is apologising for kissing Nick and Nick has to shut him up by kissing him.

Mvnl likes this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Just talked to someone whose (gay) kids are both basically having real life Heartstopper experiences of puppy love (calling their little sleepovers 'cute' and everything!!) and it's so nice this actually happens to 13/15 year old kids these days but hearing it also had the same effect on me as the show.
    Obviously I'm sobbing again but I kinda prefer that to the past 48 hours of 'avoiding triggers' which just led to a whole lot of tension/being nauseous/fainting. Even though I was well aware that stemmed from repressed feelings and I was like 'I'm okay feeling sad, can the emotion just come already?' (putting more pressure on myself which obviously did not improve matters) I guess I actually just need Heartstopper (or stories like this) to feel them out. Clearly I've had better weeks but overall I still feel that all that's happening right now will probably turn out to be really helpful?

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    tastic, ItBeats and Sugaboy like this.
  7. I think the fact that each episode is half the length of normal dramas would make an impact here. Netflix will be overjoyed with this show. It won't have cost the earth and is giving them so much back with social media.

8. Yeh they love the social media attention. I was just pointing it out because Netflix have been a bit more ruthless recently than they used to be.

It’s still #3 this week in the UK so it clearly has legs.

manloveuk, Island and Mvnl like this.
  9. I’ve just ordered all the books because I’m desperate to know what happens next.

Why am I like this? Etc.

Lander, Sugaboy, manloveuk and 6 others like this.
    Sugaboy, manloveuk and ItBeats like this.
  11. I remain obsessed.

I didn’t even notice they held hands in front of Tao and he remained oblivious.

12. Every single time I rewatch this, this is all I think about in episode 3:

Nick said 4 lines to her (“I can’t dance”, “Sorry, I have to go, I was just looking for someone”, “what?” “Okay, um…I have to go find my friend.”), makes a laugh face at her embarrassing dancing and the girl still turns around to her friends like she did something.

Oh to be awkward and in high school.

13. Beach scene (dialogue only, no music)

Interesting to watch. I assume it's all still scripted, rather than ad-libbed.

PS - also as someone has pointed out regarding this scene
    Charlie actually ate the chips when he was with Nick

Butterfly, Milotic, ItBeats and 2 others like this.
  14. This show needs to be sweeping the boards at next years TV BAFTA's.

15. I think Kit will definitely get a nomination... for the coming out scene alone.

mi|kshake likes this.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    GimmeWork, aboutyounow and tastic like this.
  17. Joe stanning Bimini is correct.

ItBeats and phoenix123 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.