Heartstopper (Renewed for 2 more seasons!) | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

Heartstopper (Renewed for 2 more seasons!)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Sick Sad World, Apr 23, 2022.

1. [​IMG]

Only down one spot from last week and the same amount of views as it’s first 3 days on the platform!

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  2. I think I'll start my second watch tonight. I didn't want to jump back in too soon and burn myself out.

ItBeats likes this.
  3. They're really keeping us fed today.

4. I'm no expert in Netflix, but am guessing those viewing figures are good for a brand new show?

In smaller numbers, I just had a quick look at the Joe & Kit interview on This Morning's YouTube page, and approaching 800k, looks like it's on it's way in the coming days to being This Morning's most watched clip this year (only occasionally will a This Morning clip garner more than 100k views) so if Netflix look beyond purely viewing figures to that Variety Twitter chart and things like This Morning, it's clear the social impact of this show is transcendent. Rightly so.

Do Netflix shows get released on DVD / BluRay etc? I want some Heartstopper on my telly shelf - a deluxe with commentary, outtakes, behind the scenes etc.

I'd also like some Heartstopper OST coloured vinyl while I'm thinking about it.

Lander, Mvnl, -Jay- and 3 others like this.
  5. Pretty sure it’s already renewed and the cast/crew know cause uh, why else Yaz gonna tweet this:

6. I haven't heard of a Netflix show getting a DVD/Blu ray release. Netflix viewing charts should always be taken with a grain of salt. Some experts think their numbers are a bit conflated because they count the autoplay trailers within Netflix as a view too. Regardless, charting at #6 a couple of weeks in is a good sign. It's doing well!

manloveuk likes this.
  7. Stranger Things is for sure on Blu-ray. There are some nifty editions made to look like VHS boxes, too.

Robbietoxic and manloveuk like this.
  8. Yup they were Target exclusive releases. Seasons 1 & 2 got released a year after their Netflix air date on DVD/Bluray and then 4K. I have both on 4K, they clearanced the 4K sets out at $9 because they produced too many copies.

Last edited: May 11, 2022
    manloveuk likes this.
  9. Tobie Donovan (Isaac) also left a comment under this video about Season 2:

[​IMG]

heavymetalGAGA, ItBeats and Butterfly like this.
  10. Orange is the New Black was also released to physical media, iTunes, etc.

11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah I'd buy a dvd-set of this in a heartbeat!

Meanwhile yesterday I discussed my (straight) Nick with a friend and based on what I told her she pretty much said 'yeah. There's no way he was straight' and though I'm not convinced the thought of that is somehow kinda worse than what I've been telling myself??

ItBeats and phoenix123 like this.
  12. They're not only good for a brand new show, they're good for a show with a relatively short running time (8 x 25m). Netflix measures by minutes viewed so when you consider many of the shows above it are up to double the length per episode, it's even more impressive.

It's also a new show that's generating a lot of buzz which Netflix should be desperate for at the moment given the bad headlines its had lately.

They do seem to be referring to this as Season 1 quite a lot which would suggest a second one is on the cards.

manloveuk and Sick Sad World like this.

13. Yes my Twitter feed is just all Heartstopper.

14. Highkey suspecting that they are dropping the music video for Colors of You with the preorder for the soundtrack CD/ vinyl. It has to happen.

Please Netflix.

15. I thought it was a music video too but she just uploaded this:
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdbSHfZqUUL/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Hoping they didn’t just film a bunch of IG reels/TikToks.

ItBeats and phoenix123 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.