Heartstopper (Renewed for 2 more seasons!) | Page 28 | The Popjustice Forum

Heartstopper (Renewed for 2 more seasons!)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Sick Sad World, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Netflix should start an Oseman Universe and adapt her other books into shows/films too.

heavymetalGAGA, Mvnl, ALEX and 2 others like this.
  2. It feels like it’s just a matter of time until the show is renewed.

3. So Heartstopper goes to #1 on Netflix in Czech Republic and then….

Coincidence? I think not.

4. They have a mojo video now too..

5. I don’t like the negativity Forbes is showing:

I’m not buying into the negativity anyways. I’m convinced Alice’s “hiatus” is to write scripts for season 2.

Milotic and Sick Sad World like this.
  6. The thing is, I would imagine Netflix's concern right now would be to not lose their existing subscribers, rather than getting new ones.

I'm pretty sure if they don't renew it there'll be a massive riot! They can't afford to piss off such a huge fanbase and generate any more negative publicity.

I think you'll find the rest of us here are probably on double digits by now...

7. It’s the perfect publicity that Netflix itself is generating. It builds up talk on whether there will or won’t be a season 2 in the media. For the prime purpose of there being maximum publicity for when it is announced.

The truth is season 2 has already been signed but not announced to the media.

manloveuk and Mvnl like this.
  8. Alice posted a story on IG saying she was on a writing retreat.
    She has the Heartstopper yearbook out this year and Vol 5 to finish and be out by February next year... but she could also be there to write/finish up the scripts for season 2??

ItBeats, Milotic and Mvnl like this.
  9. She turned the Yearbook in on Tuesday. She said in her IG stories it was all type set and submitted.

I have a feeling she’s working on scripts now because she said she’s taking a hiatus from the comic for a few months for her mental health and busy workload.

Sidebar: I finally read This Winter last night and I really was not expecting that revelation about
    Tori finding Charlie. I know he talks about self-harming in Volume 4 but the way she wrote it made it sound like it was a suicide attempt

It really shook me.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  10. When she first wrote Solitaire, it was written much more explicitly that it was a suicide attempt, but later on she changed it to a self-harm relapse instead. I know Alice has spoken about regretting certain aspects of Solitaire and how dark it is, so that was probably one of them.

11. I woke up this morning with the song that plays when they kiss in the rain stuck in my head, and I wasn't even aware that I knew it.

russkitten, Milotic and Mvnl like this.
  12. He

He

Shura has amazing songs!! Please give her some stream!

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'm still reading it, don't really mind the spoiler since there's hints of it already, but I'd consider putting just little more in spoiler tags than that part because it's pretty clear from the part outside the spoiler where you're going..

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    aboutyounow likes this.
  14. Fixed it!

Mvnl likes this.
  15. Dropped down to #10 in the UK now... probably won't be making the top 10 this week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.