Heartstopper (Renewed for 2 more seasons!) | Page 37 | The Popjustice Forum

Heartstopper (Renewed for 2 more seasons!)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Sick Sad World, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Not ready for these scenes...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kit and Olivia about to earn BAFTA nominations for this section alone.

3. [​IMG]

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

So I told a friend who just finished the show about the renewal and she then went 'isn't part of why the show triggers you so much melancholy about a time that's behind us and the fact you'll never get to experience something like this at that age?' Followed by 'my babies are closer to their age than we are'

[​IMG]

GimmeWork, Lander, Milotic and 4 others like this.
  5. Comic spoiler talk!

But do we think the

hickey bit

will make it onto TV?

ItBeats, Tony Lamezma and Mvnl like this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It doesn't look good for some stuff in later comics if they don't even dare to go there..

7. Right? But then again that bit in the comic has a lot to do with

them not being out to their friends

, so I would imagine that should they keep it, it would be worked to fit into the narrative of chapter 7 where the boys

dabble into the more mature stuff like taking things further

Sorry for the rambling but my mind has been running on full capacity since the announcement.

Mvnl and Milotic like this.
  8. I don’t know if the hickey thing will make it given how the first season ended? I do imagine they could still pretend to be playing at “oh are they or aren’t they” but I feel like Sports Day was a pretty loud declaration there is something going on between them two and they aren’t going to hide it anymore?

The other thing I do want to see is
    Coach Singh catching them, promoting Nick to rugby captain and that tender moment where she shows him the photo of her and her wife.

9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah I wonder if they'll retcon that sports day scene. I mean, it isn't like they kissed in public.
    Feels like it might take away quite a few poignant moments from season 2. Tao knows though so a lot of secrecy in the comics is already gone.

10. It's wired the way that scene plays, like it's done in front of the whole school... but no one is really paying attention? I think they only show Imogen react. There are other times they are being obvious and no one seems to notice, like in Bully when Nick puts his head on Charlie's shoulder in class. So I don't think the school outside of their close friends know.

ItBeats, heavymetalGAGA and Mvnl like this.
  11. 2 more seasons?!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Best news ever.

ItBeats, 4Roses, drewsky and 4 others like this.
  12. Watch the scene again.

Everyone is literally reacting around the characters we know.

13. They're looking, I feel like the school kids keeps writing them off as special friends or something. Oh they must be off on another special friend adventure! Even Charlie is like, "we're in the corridor"- not like "oh we just came out in front of everyone". So story wise I think this is still open.

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

'Already'

15. Yes! This is great news!

16. It just hits me that maybe they held off on announcing it to wait for Kit and Joe to finish their A levels and I find it so cute/ heartwarming/ heartstopping/ etc.

ItBeats, Sprockrooster and Mvnl like this.
  17. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I also read today (or yesterday) that it's been a month since the show got released so maybe they planned that period all along?

18. Kit is livetaping a podcast on Sunday that will come out a few weeks after. Can’t wait to hear his reaction to the 2 season renewal since his reaction to the news was mostly liking his castmates tweets and reposting Alice’s post to his IG story.

Not surprised though considering he has pretty much been scared off social media by the psychotic fans who have posted where he goes to school and his literal home address in FB groups and Discord servers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.