Heartstopper (Renewed for 2 more seasons!) | Page 46 | The Popjustice Forum

Heartstopper (Renewed for 2 more seasons!)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Sick Sad World, Apr 23, 2022.

1. I'm actually just watching the new Love Victor season and the writing is abysmal. I'll still happily lap up everything with LGBT+ protagonists though, but Heartstopper really raised the bar.

2. I’m not hearing good things about season 3 of Love, Victor. I loved the first two so I’m worried it won’t stand up….

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Saw the books in store for the first time. The dutch translation has (regular) bright white paper while the Netflix edition has these greyish 'not quite white' pages that look kinda worse. Can anyone confirm what the original UK edition looks like?

4. Sometimes Alice gives me a little bit of secondhand anxiety with her social media posts.

IMG_7343.PNG

Mikey1701 likes this.
  5. Slightly off-white, what I consider "normal" book paper colour. A little grey. My copy of the first one is old, though, so definitely not Netflix version or anything.

Mvnl likes this.
  6. To be honest, I don’t know how anyone can read something like this and not be concerned that the immense fan pressure might ultimately do Alice more harm than good.

7. Alice has already admitted just three weeks ago her mental health was in a bad place to where she had to put the comic on hiatus for a while and leave social media for a couple weeks. She said it took her around 9 months to get the scripts for season one perfect and she only had that length of time because of COVID.

With production rumored to be beginning to pick back up at the beginning of September, she’s roughly got 9 weeks left to churn out all those scripts while maintaining the same quality and overall feel of the first season that so many of us fell completely in love with. It’s a lot of pressure

Add in deadlines she has for The Yearbook and Volume 5, I’m sure she’s completely stressed out.

I just want to give her a big hug.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  8. He

He

I hope the show producers acknowledge this. It would be terrible if they put her mental health on the line for deadlines and consumption while… having her write a show that deals so much with that very same topic.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    Sick Sad World and Mvnl like this.
  9. I think it's just the case that Heartstopper has set a new high bar.

phoenix123 likes this.
  10. So I’m extremely annoyed someone made the decision not to submit Heartstopper for the Emmys because they’ve decided to submit for the Children’s Emmys instead.

Mvnl likes this.
  11. Can I just say that I work in a supermarket in a fairly rough area and I can't tell you how much it warms my heart that as soon as we get the vol. 1 books in they sell out straight away!

12. This is better to be fair. It would get totally snubbed at the regular Emmys.

He and Andrew like this.
  13. Tobie’s final vlog:

Sprockrooster likes this.
  14. It may sound overly dramatic, but I really want to delete Heartstopper out of my life. I enjoyed the series very much, but it didn't have that big of an impact on me. It was cute and enjoyable of course, but I didn't feel the need to dive deep into its universe and watch it repeatedly or read the books.

My boyfriend, however, fell for it. And I can't live up to Nick Nelson. I'm not perfect; I'm not always easy-going, I have moments when I feel sad for minor reasons, and as everybody, I'm complicated, while he is a fictional character. Of course my boyfriend knows this, but still, I've been getting some very irritated responses whenever I feel down or insecure, and I feel like I can't fulfil his mile-high expectations. A friend of ours has visited us and my boyfriend is currently showing Heartstopper to them and I can't bear seeing him watching the series once again.

I confronted him and told him about my feelings, and he admitted he felt this way. Which is a good starting point, I guess. But I feel like I'll need a lot of time to be able to watch the series and not feel like unrealistic expectations are coming at me, and he'll need a lot of time to realise that, however cute the character is, he is just that, a character, with an emotional level incomparable with a human being.

adayasatiger and Mvnl like this.
  15. Oof, that can’t be easy being expected to live up to a fictional character. You don’t sound overly dramatic either, it sounds like it’s causing you distress and that’s valid.

Hopefully it’s just a phase and it doesn’t last long. I’d say keep communicating with him about it, not in a confrontational way but just so that things aren’t bottled up until they come to a boiling point.

I don’t have any great words of wisdom and wouldn’t like to speculate over why your boyfriend is so hung up on a fictional character.
    I do know this show means a great deal to the LGBTQ+ community (of which I am not apart of so don’t want to overstep my mark) but wanted you to feel heard and send you love! Hoping the situation is resolved soon for you.

phoenix123 likes this.
  16. Wait hold on a second. He’s irritated that you aren’t his very own Nick Nelson. Maybe you need a Nick Nelson when you are down or insecure instead of how he’s reacting? Is he considering your feelings? They are valid.

Mvnl likes this.
  17. He

He

Maybe nobody should aspire to be / be with a 17 year old who is just figuring himself out and is basically a blank slate for wish fulfillment? I’m sorry that pressure has been put on you, @Disobedience. I understand your frustration and hope you can talk it out, and that your partner unpacks what he must and understands what he wants.

18. I love everything about this show and the books and can't wait for more, but I hope the Alice is able to continue taking care of herself.

phoenix123 and Mvnl like this.
  19. I think Nick's... a bit of a drip?

20. He’s just a very nice boy and we all want to take him home to meet our parents.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.