Heartstopper (Renewed for 2 more seasons!) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Heartstopper (Renewed for 2 more seasons!)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Sick Sad World, Apr 23, 2022.

1. I LOVED this so much!
    I’m a 32 year old gay man and after never had a boyfriend I actually crave this kind of relationship. Was such an emotional drama and I cried happy tears a lot. Wish I could find love like this in my life but might be too late which is why I think I cried alot watching this.

Vyrisus, Remorque, amtam and 5 others like this.
  2. This is how I feel. Heart stopper makes me want love

Remorque, ItBeats, Mvnl and 2 others like this.
  3. I’ve watched this through about 5 or 6 times now. I do have a full time career I need to get back to. Send help!

Remorque, mi|kshake, Lander and 8 others like this.
  4. "I'm not homophobic' I'm an ally!"'
    "Thank you for your service?"

I CACKLED!

5. Same.
    I've kind of stopped watching it on loop now and just going back to some of my favourite moments.
    Will no doubt be watching it all weekend again.

It's 7 on the Netflix charts for this week with 14.5m hours watched.
    I hope that's good enough for a second season?

6. Darcy was such a scream in that scene! More of that for Season 2 please!

Remorque, popjunkie and WowWowWowWow like this.
  7. Just finished the series and like everyone I enjoyed it. It did skew young for me but that’s the demo it’s targeted to. It is refreshing seeing a gay series that isn’t heavily politicized and all about sex. Heartstoppers remind me of the gay Korean drama I’ve been recommending people to watch, ahem…. Semantic Error. Just like this show great acting, soundtrack and well directed. It also trended so I’m glad there is an audience for this type of content.

8. I'm fast approaching my mid 40’s so clearly not the target audience. But I agree entirely with all of that.

I’ve constantly had the show on my mind sine I started and quickly finished it.

I’m flying from NZ to the UK this weekend and just wondering if the people around me on the flight will tolerate my tears if I watch it all again on my journey!

I’ve order all the graphic novels too, I need more Nick and Charlie.

lushLuck, Remorque, Lander and 5 others like this.
  9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Just finished all 4 novels and now I'm not just missing a relationship but also a group of friends and a loving family. Great great books.

Remorque, Lander, aboutyounow and 3 others like this.
  10. There's a novella too...
    'Nick and Charlie' - set a few years after the comic... and before Nick goes to uni. It's a nice read and nice to see where they are now, kinda.

Also, if you want more comics... chapter 7 is on Tapas, quite a few more pages on there to read. I think Alice is taking a mini break from it for a few months after this month though so won't update again for awhile.

Remorque and Mvnl like this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Interesting, especially since the 5th graphic novel has yet to come out? Feels.. potentially spoilery?

Remorque likes this.
  12. It's a very short story about them getting a little anxious about having to do long distance when Nick starts uni. Doesn't really spoil much.

Also on Tapas, there's a few mini comics about Nick and Charlie set in alt-universes - a Harry Potter one, a Pride and Prejudice one, another where Nick is a robot - they're cute.

13. SBK

SBK

I really loved this.

I started out thinking it was a bit idealistic, the baby gay's straight friend falling for them and them living happily ever after... But by the end, I was willing them on.

It really did drag me through every emotion possible... Happy that it worked out, sad that'll I'll probably never experience that kinda young love again, angry that my school days didn't have 1% of the understanding or acceptance... and now empty because we'll have to wait a year or so for the next instalment.

The only bad part really was the bully, he was just such a caricature, maybe that was the point so that we'd hate him just because he was so awful(ly acted....?)

Olivia Colman! She probably (totally) didn't need to do this show, but I'm so glad she did.
    [​IMG]

Sam, lushLuck, Remorque and 9 others like this.
  14. What was the context behind Olivia’s gay rights gif?! I’ve seen it used a lot but I don’t know what prompted her to say it (apart from her being a god damn QUEEN).

Remorque likes this.
  15. I think there was a period where it was just requested of all the gays faves… ‘can you say this?’

I echo so much of the reaction in here. Way past my age bracket, past double the age of this young love scenario AND YET it got me hook line and sinker. Loved how it was so uncomplicated, couple of bumps on the road but really just somebody finding their favourite person and leaning fully into it. Now I wanna find mine so bad.

lushLuck, Remorque, Stewart and 5 others like this.
  16. This was also me yesterday. My order came in and I immediately dove into them. Ordered Nick & Charlie off Apple Books to read that as soon as I finished volume 4.

So much to love about this series. Truly hope Netflix gives us a season 2.

17. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I made a start at Nick & Charlie but found the tone very different.. like, it's written in 1st person but the lines don't feel like something Charlie'd say that way? But maybe it will grow on me
    (also possibly not helping that the ebook I got has no illustrations)

Remorque and Sick Sad World like this.
  18. I've been in a relationship for the past five years but this show has really inspired me to find the magic again. It's just so lovely and sweet.

lushLuck, Remorque, navytaxi and 3 others like this.
  19. Not really part of the same story, but Alice also has a book called Solitaire which Charlie's sister Tori is the main character of. Nick and Charlie make little cameos - was written before Heartstopper. There's also Radio Silence which Aled from the comic appears in as a sort of main character.

20. Today, a student had a smiley on her hand, just like Charlie did in one of the earlier episodes. She asked: "Mr Teacher, do you know where this is from?", and I nodded with a smile on my face. It was just a passing moment of acknowledging each other but I've felt so great ever since. A lot of people have mentioned that they would have loved to have this show in their youth, and I'm so happy that she has this show she can turn to and see that being LGBTQ+ is normal and you can get your happy ending.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.