Heartstopper

Mvnl

Staff member
FpZK_M2XsAAmVeM

I... when did Nick Nelson turn into Captain America?

I'm not getting it.. Nick Nelson is a rugby player, well a very good one according to the comic, so he must be fit & quite Captain-America-ly. The big surprise would be seeing Charlie turning into a super fit Marvel hero

Mvnl

Staff member
When it comes to merchandise: it's about time.
Not emotionally ready for season 2. Still haven't rewatched the first one.

Small news bits:

-Netflix will be releasing a full line of merchandise to coincide with Season 2’s release.
-Volume 2 and 3 Netflix tie-in books are slated for release on June 5th in the UK.
-Teaser trailer rumored to be dropping sometime in March.
So logic says it will drop around the same time as the tie-in books?

Mvnl

Staff member
Oh I read that as season/volume 2 and '3 tie-in books' but your interpretation (and conclusion) makes more sense

Oh I read that as season/volume 2 and '3 tie-in books' but your interpretation (and conclusion) makes more sense
I could be wrong but I'm guessing it means they'll release volumes 2 & 3 with new covers featuring Joe and Kit like they did the first. So season 2 will be around the same time. I've done some digging and it looks like this edition was released the same day season 1 came out.

9781444968927-scaled-wpv_400x.jpeg

Mvnl

Staff member
I could be wrong but I'm guessing it means they'll release volumes 2 & 3 with new covers featuring Joe and Kit like they did the first. So season 2 will be around the same time. I've done some digging and it looks like this edition was released the same day season 1 came out.

View attachment 39926
Yeah I got that but took it for '3 new tie-in editions', but 2 & 3 makes more sense.
Also good to know cause I was still unsure which edition to get and was drawn towards the tie-in one but it felt off because the other books didn't have a similar edition. But I guess I should have known that was a matter of time. (Poor fans who will have to buy them all over again)

Apparently volume 5 is also scheduled for November. I'm wondering if she'll start sharing the comics online for free again after her hiatus last year. I feel like she won't because the publisher will want to cash in as much as possible. Maybe that's a bit cynical!

Apparently volume 5 is also scheduled for November. I'm wondering if she'll start sharing the comics online for free again after her hiatus last year. I feel like she won't because the publisher will want to cash in as much as possible. Maybe that's a bit cynical!

The patreon restarts mid-March and Alice will be heavily watermarking the comics she does upload because people have leaked out the entirety of where the story is now.

She’s also adding an additional chapter now. It was to end with 8 but she’s extended it to 9 for the book.