Heaven Is a Rate on Earth. The Belinda Carlisle Rate. Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth? | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Heaven Is a Rate on Earth. The Belinda Carlisle Rate. Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by VivaForever, Feb 18, 2019.

1. I've always been meaning to deep dive into her discography - perfect reason to!

VivaForever and əʊæ like this.
  2. Oh, well, as long as you give me likes!
    Yay!

berserkboi likes this.
  3. Yes-this is one i'm definitely in for! Thank God Voila is not included!

tylerc904 and VivaForever like this.
  4. Honestly it was never even a consideration dddd.

5. Oh this sounds brilliant.

VivaForever likes this.
  6. I will do this if energy and time permit!

əʊæ and VivaForever like this.
  7. I’ll see what I can do.

Remorque and VivaForever like this.
  8. Lemme echo @KamikazeHeart a bitsy, in that I've always wanted to check out more of her discography and this is a perfect excuse. I'm in.

VivaForever and KamikazeHeart like this.
  9. I do hope the title of this thread will change so we can enjoy:

You Rate Out Of Nowhere
    Rates Of Michelangelo
    (We Rate) The Same Thing
    Always Rating My Heart
    Rates Of Michelangelo
    I Won't Rate (I'm In Love)
    Summer Rate
    Rates Of Michelangelo

10. Je suis ici.

VivaForever likes this.
  11. At least it (hopefully) won't be:

Nobody Rates Me

əʊæ and phoenix123 like this.
  12. Je suis prêt. Vous etes prêt aussi?

Sorry… wrong legend.

Remorque and Eric Generic like this.
  13. Don't forget "Rates of Michelangelo."

14. To get in the spirit of things shall we also rate the Disney version of I Won't Say (I'm In Love) by accident?

And can I request that all the artwork used in the rate be not quite right?

[​IMG]

Remorque and Eric Generic like this.
  15. Tell me this is a mock-up...

16. I believe it's an official Japanese release which was also pictured in the album reissue if I remember rightly?

It wasn't just poorly glued book(let)s and white borders we discussed from what I recall.

17. Getting started on this...

Belinda seems like a cute prequel album. The first three tracks are easily the most solid and I wish the rest went in the same direction. Still, a nice discovery.

Heaven on Earth is just... look, I prefer feeling sad when I listen to music and this is the only album I've come across that sparks tons of actual joy™. It just puts a big stupid grin upon my face and never lets up.

There's also another thing I've observed when trying to rate the songs. I don't really have that much to say about them, even those I love. Maybe it's just the fact that they form a cohesive whole and commenting on one feels like commenting on all of them? Or maybe it's cause I've only spent around two years with her music and haven't formed any bonds or memories to it yet? I don't know, I'm just glad that San Junipero inspired me to finally dive into that first album, because it became one of my all-time faves.

18. I've never done a rate before, but I've been following the PWL rate, so I more or less have the gist, so can I be in on this one? It's right up my street. Just one clarification, I don't need to comment on every track do I? I give a score for every song, but not every track needs a comment does it?

19. Runaway Horses, fucking HELL what an album.

Have no idea how I’d choose between that LP’s title track, Live Your Life Be Free, The Same Thing or Summer Rain for my 11 but sign me up

VivaForever likes this.
  20. Commentary is welcome, but not necessary! Comment on every track, some tracks, or none at all. And welcome aboard.
    I'll choose for you. Runaway Horses.
    I hold myself to a higher standard.
    This review makes me so happy! You're going to love Runaway Horses - it's Heaven on Earth done better. Also, kii at you referring to Heaven as "the first album." It may as well have been.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.