Heaven Is a Rate on Earth. The Belinda Carlisle Rate. Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth? | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Heaven Is a Rate on Earth. The Belinda Carlisle Rate. Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by VivaForever, Feb 18, 2019.

1. I actually prefer the debut to Heaven don't drag me.

Runaway Horses is her opus (by far), but I actually love all of her real albums.

2. Heaven Is A Place On Earth is without question one of my favourite songs of all time, but I've never actually dived into her discography because I've always assumed Heaven was an outlier in her discography. Am I wrong?

3. In complete seriousness, the Runaway Horses album is like Heaven on a Place on Earth x7 + 3 cute ballad/midtempos. Genuine power-pop-choruses galore.

Cundy, Remorque, Robsolete and 3 others like this.
  4. I'm going to try make time to do this! I've never taken a deep dive into her albums but I love some of her more prolific singles so I'd be keen to hear the whole story.

VivaForever likes this.
  5. [​IMG]

Remorque likes this.
  6. Oh, I did listen to her albums before aside from Belinda! I should've made it clearer, perhaps. Runaway Horses is great but nothing quite tops Heaven on Earth for me. I realise that might be an unpopular opinion.

Eric Generic likes this.
  7. Here's my Belinda playlist!

8. Halfway through my rating and i've gained a new appreciation for Shades of Michaelangelo- i keep expecting to be bored by it but it is quite gorgeous-what an album Runaway Horses is!

Cundy likes this.
  9. Shades Of Michelangelo has to be the most well known song of Belinda's that I can honestly say I have no recollection of.

It's a slow song is about as much as I can remember…. I'll have to go listen now.

10. I legitimately love Shades, it's so pretty.

Cundy and Remorque like this.
  11. If you have the Belinda CD Singles Box, you can choose roughly 28 of the 30 discs, and it's on there.

12. I think the full name of this rate is “Heaven Is a Rate on Earth, b/w Rates of Michelangelo.”

pop3blow2, Cundy, Remorque and 3 others like this.
  13. Incidentally, if you give Sun a low score, prepare to be dragged.

Cundy, Remorque and CasperFan like this.
  14. But it's just not good enough and she's all sweaty in the video.

Eric Generic likes this.
  15. Sun is nothing less than a 10- what a tune-if only she made a new pop album with this as a basis-heaven indeed

Cundy and VivaForever like this.
  16. Oh, and if any of you think you can get away with scoring In Too Deep low, I'll be coming for your wigs as well. If it ends up midtable like last time, I reserve the right to cancel the scores of those responsible. Just a precaution.

Also, I randomly woke up yesterday with Valentine stuck in my head. Whattabop.

Cundy, berserkboi, CasperFan and 2 others like this.
  17. Gosh...

The rasp never fails to give me the feels.

VivaForever likes this.
  18. I heard a Belinda version of Celine's Falling Into You when I was in Slovenia a few years ago, but have no idea where it came from, in all senses, as we were walking down an open street and it was being played somewhere nearby.

19. Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Remorque and əʊæ like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.