Heaven Is a Rate on Earth. The Belinda Carlisle Rate. Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth? | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Heaven Is a Rate on Earth. The Belinda Carlisle Rate. Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by VivaForever, Feb 18, 2019.

1. I only gave out 8 x 10s (and an 11), which seems a tad stingy given how hard-wired she is into my musical landscape. Very few <6's though.

phoenix123 likes this.
  2. There are 8 10s on Live Your Life Be Free alone.

Remorque likes this.
  3. Happy Monday everyone.

Are we all listening to some Belegenda today? I sure hope so.

phoenix123, əʊæ and pop3blow2 like this.
  4. I was last night. Only have some Extras still to complete.

VivaForever likes this.
  5. I'm over halfway there!

6. I keep getting stuck in the first halves of Runaway Horses and Live Your Life Be Free.

The woman was on a fucking roll.

VivaForever likes this.
  7. It's a shame LYLBF contains Emotional Highway. I'd forgotten how banal it is.

8. I really wanted to love the whole of 'Live Your Life Be Free', given what a monster the title track is. A lot of it just didn't click with me, though. Gonna give it one more shot this week and see if any of it starts to grow on me.

9. @VivaForever I've rated everything except the following the 5, that I can't find versions of online or don't have:

- Why
    - Don't Cry
    - Listen To Love
    - He Goes On
    - Kneel At Your Feet

10. We're now at eight voters, counting me.

Tempus fugit.

pop3blow2 and əʊæ like this.
  11. My scores are finished. I'll double check them tomorrow just to make sure everything is just right and then send them in.

12. Remorque and Robsolete like this.
  13. VivaForever likes this.
  14. Currently relistening to Real. I'll get this done, promise!

VivaForever likes this.
  15. I'm almost there! I just have to give the extras one more listen, and get some commentary in. I'll try to have this done by Wednesday at the latest.

VivaForever likes this.
  16. Just got the extras to do!

17. Apologies in advance to lovers of A Woman and a Man, but that thing was a slag to get through. Except for "In Too Deep" and maybe "Always Breaking My Heart", it's not one I could see myself returning to.

18. It didn’t click with me until recent years, but I find it quite solid now. Remember September and Kneel at Your Feet are especially fantastic.

Remorque and əʊæ like this.
  19. A Woman and a Man is the only one I never renewed from cassette to CD so I've forgotten much of it. The singles were good though. I love California, even if she's at maximum-goat on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.