HELLO EVERYONE | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

HELLO EVERYONE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Popjustice, Apr 6, 2012.

1. It really is so dead at the moment. I mean you know somethings wrong when there is only 1 person veiwing Off Topic haha.

2. He

He

I hope it can come back to its former glory. I like the new look but the trade off has been rather terrible.

And it has gone back to slow mode.

3. A minor point, but I thought I'd mention it here in case anyone wants to fix it - while most of the boards now sort by last post as default, the 'Pop Retail' one is still auto-sorted by title. I know it's only a couple of clicks to change it yourself, but it's so much easier if it's set as the defult.

4. Ever since the change, the forum/website has been deathly slow for me, and as a result i've spent less time on here reading topics, posting etc. The "New Posts/New Replies" button doesn't work either. I'm not a huge fan of the new look. I really liked the old forums and how everything was visible on the page. I feel the new forums have too much white space going, the font's are quite large meaning you can't view many posts on a page. I tend to get quite 'lost' in the website and not really now where I am.

I appreciate that they obviously want to take the site and content a step further and I do love the idea of the new 'look' (it's very Smash Hits/Top Of The Pops magazine circa 1990's) but I can't help thinking that it may be a little too much.

5. I can't but think that the slower activity is a bit of a vicious cycle. Less people visit because there's not as much activity, so there's less motivation to visit, and so on.

6. How much longer until we have the search function back?
    I would also love to have these back please:
    - nr. of people viewing a thread
    - threads I have posted in shoud be marked
    - reply button on top of the thread
    - option to write short text underneath your avatar
    And yes, the forum is so boring/dead right now!

7. Returning the Search function should be the forum developers' top priority as it seriously impacts the usability. It took me ages to find an old thread and I have no intention of ever doing that again. It's disappointing to see a big forum like this launched without the necessary testing beforehand and it has clearly cost it a lot of posters. I remember having trouble keeping up with some of the most active threads but it's dead now. It's going to take a long time to return to that level of use and the only way that will ever happen is once all the problems have been fixed.

8. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

I'm sorry to add to the negativity/complaints but is the word or letter (not sure what it is to be honest) limit really necessary?

It's kind of annoying when you want so say something short and to the point yet have to add extra filler. I mean I get it might be there for the purpose of not having a page of "AMAZING" but I mean is that such a big deal?

I don't get it. Also I miss the old K-Pop forum and the threads that are probably long gone. An update on that would be really lovely.

9. Having regular updates in this thread on what's being done would be nice to know and would prevent confusion like over the page number differences. Anything to report on that other theme?

10. I've not really been visiting on account of a) being busy, and b) not really enjoying how slow it all is. I know it's not terribly helpful to say this, but even when it's not particularly slow to load, the whole forum feels a bit sluggish and unwieldy. It takes longer to scroll through threads, and the grey background makes pages feel so much bigger. And is there any option to go to the 'last unread post' of a particular thread yet? I can still only have it take me to the last post made.

It's a shame, but I've just fallen out of the loop and I'm not entirely sure I'll end up back in it.

11. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Truly sorry about the Lana Del Rey thread - its deletion was completely unintentional and not remotely the purpose of why I was working in the thread. I'm not sure all is totally lost, but if it is, please accept my sincerest apologies!

12. Lana's gone!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Agree about the letter limit. It's really annoying me. Yesterday someone said something stupid and I wanted to respond with '?' and couldn't. EXCITING STORY I know but it's really annoying. I'm not adding filler to question some randomer.

And obviously I agree about the place being dead. That's quite depressing isn't it. I hope the place picks up but I'm beginning to think it won't.

13. 3Xs

3Xs

Damn. Poor Lana fans. Just don't tell me the K-Pop board was unintentionally deleted and we'll be fine...

14. Does 'Reply with Quote' not work for anyone else?

I get a little swirly timer thing but it never loads up a reply box with a quote.

15. SBK

SBK

Yes, you have to click it, then click it again for it to work

16. I generally right-click and open with a new tab, but yeah, doesn't just open with one click!

17. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

? !

18. I agree with quite a lot of this, the novelty at the start was quite nice and new but I've found myself spending less and less time online. I think it's now really hard to follow the front page( and definitely agree about getting lost in the site) and I have to login every time I come to the site. This is not a bad thing per say but it does mean that where I used to have a quick skim over to see what new stuff was in the forum I don't anymore because I have to waste 5 seconds logging in... Small details but they are why I think my usage has gone down. I do find myself making an effort to visit rather than it being the first place on the internet I go to.

19. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

OK I'm adding more to the list, I'm kinda over caring about coming across moany at this point seeing as the main site is updated daily not a problem and there has been no address on the forum issues in a long time:

The topic review, annoying. I can see some posts but most remain blank.

Reply is still slow.

The b, i, u etc buttons not being visible.

The quick edit being gone, I miss that. If you catch a spelling mistake you gotta load up the page and it's still a bit slow some sometimes I don't bother.

I also miss the moderators, I don't think I've seen one online since the site was updated. They usually had great points and posts and were much needed to keep some people in check.

Ugh, I think is forum is over/I need to take a break from it for a good while. Sadly, I anticipated the change but it's like 2 weeks on and it's even worse than when it began. Oh well.

I probably have more so if I do I can edit (not quickly though).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  20. I'm just about managing to use it for a bit each day, by manually finding the handful of topics I like to post in and trying to be patient, but I don't like the new forum for so many reasons.

Mvnl made a good point in one of his posts in the Popjustice Album Shuffle thread, about how this massive change (any major change) to a routine, and a familiar way of doing something so that's almost intuitive, has had a bad effect on them and how they feel about the forum now. I suppose all of us who are music nuts in some form will probably have our brains wired in a way that leans towards a bit of OCD/autism/call it what you want, and we don't take it too well when something changes, especially for the worse!

There are still so many restrictions and issues with how everything runs, it's a struggle if you're not feeling 100% and don't have endless time to wait for the slow, buggy loading times.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.