Hello. | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Hello.

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Popjustice, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Just like not all European music is the same, K-Pop, J-Pop and C-Pop are not the same. They are actually different, especially J-Pop sound wise and looks wise. So one can easily like one and not the others.

K-Pop is only here because people thought the thread we had in P&J was moving too fast. The C-Pop and J-Pop girls/ general threads aren't that busy so I think they are fine where they are.

2. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

I don't see the point and I think it's a terrible idea, but whatever.

3. 3Xs

3Xs

I'd like to know what my J-Pop cohorts thinks of making this a general Asian Pop board.

On one hand it is a bit weird to basically seclude K-Pop by itself (it's not any more or less "Pop" than any of the stuff in the main forum, so why does K-Pop have to be separated while J-Pop is in with the rest of it?). Though at the same time there just isn't the demand in the J-Pop thread to warrant it.

If anything this forum doesn't need more K-Pop fans, it needs more J-Pop (and C-Pop!) fans. Or at least ones who will be active in a thread.

Not to be rude but I never see you post in any of the Asian Pop threads, so I don't see why you care, to be honest.

4. The way J-Pop works seems fine - three or four of the most popular artists get their own threads, and everything else goes in general discussion. Five threads doesn't clog the main forum and is enough that the general J-pop thread is very managable.

I haven't been following K-pop as closely, but it seems to me that the K-pop thread is much more active and hard to follow - there seem to be more K-acts with significant followings here, but with few acts as popular as the most popular J-acts to justify threads in the main forum. So it does make sense to me for there being a K-pop forum but not J-pop.

Whether J-pop should be moved here is debatable, but it's survived well enough in the main forum so far, and keeping it this way will prevent confusion between K- and J-acts by newbies without needing to make yet another sub-forum.

5. I just don't understand why any segregation of any of the Asian pop threads would even be considered. It's not like they cluttered up the main board, and if anything, this new board makes it more difficult to get into Korean music. You're bombarded with dozens of unnecessary threads, when before, we had our lovely first page of suggestions (thanks again, xoxo) and simply asking questions made the process seem relatively painless.

There's always a level of work involved when introducing yourself to a new genre of music, but this just seems so dazzlingly pointless. I will complain about this until the end of time, damn it.

6. Over my dead body!

Glad I'm not the only one. I can't stand communitarianism.

Exactly. Why fix something that's not broken?

7. 3Xs

3Xs

I also have to agree with what Dark said.

I posted this in the K-Pop thread but just in case not everyone checks in there:

I think this could be a happy medium. We could even move this board and make it a sub-section of P&J.

8. I think the real point of this subforum is to make the general thread less busy and out of control.

If they move it back there, then the forum will be pretty pointless. It's not like there was any k-pop artists threads in the main forum, 2NE1 aside...

This forum was a bad idea and I wonder where are all the members who allegedly requested it?

9. 3Xs

3Xs

I don't know about "pointless" but I'd just look at this board as being more of an extension to the main thread.

Personally I'd be fine with deleting this entire section and going back to the old way, but I also think we should consider other people's feelings on this matter, hence why I think it could be a good idea. Just a thought, anyway.

10. Oh well, let's see how it goes and if the subforum can attract enough new posters to keep the artists threads alive. It's only been a day, afterall.

/let's be positive for a change

11. I feel we should see how this goes for a while, and get the general thread as a sticky here and just see how the overall section performs for a week or so. After all it's barely been a day. That is a good idea though 3Xs.

Taeyang likes this.
  12. Do we think it'd be a good idea to ask to have another regular poster here become a moderator (even if only for the K-Pop sub forum) so we can have another person to change things that only mods can (thread titles, delete unnecessary threads, etc). Or are we fine with just Pen Expers you think? EDIT: Thinking about it I don't think we do, especially seeing how new the sub forum is.

And I agree, let's just see how this goes. I think the fact that none of the regular posters were warned a sub forum was coming makes this sub forum still a bit of a shock.

13. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I was shocked by this but hey, at least have our own little space in PopJustice. I think the K-Pop thread worked perfectly but thank you Mr. PJ. Let's just see how it goes as we 'continue to work hard' and 'show our unique charms.'

14. I agree, this section seems odd.. I kinda of loved our little(huge) thread.

15. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

There are people who have been interested in this forum who have made posts and threads here, and there are also people new to k-pop who have come to this forum and expressed their relief that it's now spread out, so I don't agree that 'no one wanted it'. I also don't necessarily see the need to move the j-pop here, because the main j-pop thread moves more slowly while the big names have had their threads on the main forum for ages. Plus Osiris really doesn't want it.

I'm just saying - whether you and I like it or not, the big thread would've eventually got too active to make any sense. One could argue that artist threads should just have been made in the main forum, but here we are. And I also think it's pretty dumb to make threads for Brave Girls and Piggy Dolls, but before we take actions or set up norms we really should give it a week and see how it's actually used.

The general thread will be stickied once this initial debate one has lost its function.

16. 3Xs

3Xs

Really though? Aside from 3, maybe 4 people, it's mostly been the same posters we usually see, which is fine, but it's certainly not an overwhelming demand, not even close.

I also don't think this is going to do much to bring new people to K-Pop, if anything it's just easier to ignore, like the Eurovision section is right now... At least the old way it was right in your face next to Gaga and Britney and the rest, and people would get curious. Now there's no exposure to it on the forum outside of this sequestered area.

But yeah, give it a week then and see how it goes. I'm not crazy about the way it is now, but I'll give it a chance before I totally go off.

17. Oh wow! I was searching the Pop&Justice forum like mad and thought something happened to our beloved Korean Pop thread, only to find out we got a whole new subforum dedicated to it. What a nice way to start the day.

Okay, I must admit that at first I didn't know what to make of it, but now I think it is a good idea. Although I absolutely loved the old Korean Pop thread, if I didn't check it every day it was a bit time-consuming to read through (sometimes) 10 or more new pages, of which vsome parts were about artists I didn't care about. Now I can chose which threads/artists I take an interest in and jump right into the discussion.

18. I'm really surprised by this forum, mainly for the fact that I've never really seen a place online where KPop was more popular than JPop, or there wasn't already a Japanese music forum. Good luck!

19. Really? K-pop seems miles more popular than J-pop pretty much everywhere online nowadays. The J-pop industry needs a massive overhaul.

20. I like the new subforum!

The large thread is a lot of fun, but discussion topics moved too quickly for anybody to participate if you happened to get to the thread a few hours late and missed the chance to post about that particular topic. On the other hand, it was spectacular for introducing new artists and music to fans outside of their favorite groups/singers.

The subforum is a bit of a double-edged sword though: it will probably increase visitors, which will inevitably bring posts from insane fans, but may be more accessible by the general public. I suppose this situation can only be resolved by strong moderation and posting guidelines. Perhaps some of the more active posters can become mods for the kpop subforum?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.