Heroes - Season 4 (US Pace) | The Popjustice Forum

Heroes - Season 4 (US Pace)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Dazzle, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Surprised nobody made this topic yet. 'Redemption', Volume five of Heroes started in America on Monday with a double bill. This season is shorter and will have ended before Christmas I believe. The opening episodes were surprisingly decent. The show seems to have a new feel and the theme of the season was clear throughout them. It didn't do great in the ratings though so I am not expecting a fifth season.

Anyone else seen it yet?

2. It made it to a fourth season?! Jeez, I thought it would get cancelled after three.
    Season 1 of Heroes was brilliant, season 2 was awful, and I only made it half way through the mess that was season 3 before giving up.
    I've heard season 4 is going to try and make it good again, but I really can't see how they can pull it back at this point. I think it's time to take it out behind the shed.

3. I think it was touch and go for a while as to whether or not it would get a fourth season but here it is.

I agree with you about how awful season 2 was and what a mess 3 was, but I seriously enjoyed the double episode shown this week so its worth checking out!

4. Words cannot express how much I want to see this, House and the new episodes of everything else starting up this week.

Damn not having a proper Internet connection yet! :(

5. I completely skipped season 3 after the disappointment of season 2 - was it any good?

6. I don't know if I want to re-commit myself to this show or not. I've stuck by all these years, but there are better shows to waste my time with these days, aren't there? Heroes never delivers on the action scenes either, it's been a problem since Season 1 were they touted the big fight with Sylar in the finale, and then all it was was Nikki hitting him in the head with a parking meter and Peter and Nathan flying up into the air to go 'boom'.

However, if you say it's worth it, Daz, I might try.

7. It was total bullcrap, to put it bluntly. They didn't know what direction they were taking it, changed writers numerous times so as a series it wasn't very consistent. The finale was a bit of a non event as well. However there were a couple of good episodes buried in there!

The first two episode of season four top the majority of season three.

8. Season 4 has been so run of the mill that I havent bothered posting in this. There was one good episode a few weeks ago which was set in the past but even that didn't inspire me to write in this topic.

HOWEVER... Episode 11 - 'Thanksgiving' was the best episode of Heroes I have seen in ages. Who would have thought thanksgiving dinner could be so exciting?

9. I had a major Heroes catch-up session last night, and I felt like I wasted my time. I have HUGE problems giving up on TV shows when they turn shit.

The episode set in the past was quite good, I suppose, but the whole time-travel thing in Heroes really is executed so poorly.

I don't really know what else to say. Surely this won't get renewed for a fifth year?!

10. No, I don't believe it will be. Rumors have circulated that NBC executives have told the show runners to envision an end point - and soon.

11. They ruined it. so so much.

12. IotV

IotV Guest

I can't believe how much they've fucked Heroes up. It's literally astonishing. From one of the best TV programs ever (for me), to where it is now... I still watch it, but it's only to see AliTracy, really, and Sylar (although they should have left him dead in S1, and thought of a new villain...).

13. Sylar really ought to have been left for dead. Or, at the very least, been written out of the show for a year or two.

The whole storyline of 'turning off'/toning down Hiro's ability has seemingly been reversed now too. What's the point of doing crap like that only to revert back to reliance on time-travel as a ridiculously big part of the plot?!

Don't even get me started on the whole "Nathan in Sylar" thing. Worst storyline ever.

14. I'm still watching Heroes, but I haven't really had a fucking clue what's going on since...the second episode of season one? I just switch my brain off and wait for the action / Zachary Vimto. I love him.

Dunno what to make of this whole carnival malarkey. I quite fancied the guy who could move really fast and slice people up, but he seems to have vanished? Did he get killed off? I can't even remember.

I do find it quite funny waiting to see what new powers they can come up with. Some of them are so ridiculous. When the lead carnival bloke started doing his tattoo thing I was saying 'What? His power is controlling ink? Actually what?'

But of course his powers now seem to just be 'he can do absolutely anything as and when the script requires it.'

I did a big groan when Mohinder re-appeared. Just fuck off!

15. IotV

IotV Guest

It's Quinto, not Vimto! In fairness, ink is a mineral. Edgar isn't dead. Samuel threw an earth-bullet at him, but Hiro stopped time, and Edgar ran off.

16. Re: Vimto - that was a 'hilarious' joke.

17. IotV

IotV Guest

Oh. What does it mean? Thought it must have been something like that, but didn't have a clue!

18. Vimto is a drink. I was just being stupid, it doesn't mean anything!

19. IotV

IotV Guest

Ah. While we're on the general subject, ZQ is a fantastic actor. Can't believe he was going to quit acting before Heroes.

20. Ah yes, that reminds me. How utterley useless was the deaf woman's power? I don't even really understand what it is. She can 'see' sounds and in one instance managed to break the wall in the flat? I don't really care for her storyline right now, it just seems to be there for the sake of having yet another 'oh noes! I have just discovered I have a power and wish I was normal' story arc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.