Hey, How You Ratin'? - The Little Mix Discography Rate! (#24) | Page 64 | The Popjustice Forum

Hey, How You Ratin'? - The Little Mix Discography Rate! (#24)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by munro, Jun 24, 2019.

1. One of the best episodes of BBT ever (the Physics Bowl one -- "In America, janitor, in Russia, physicist." haha) so this redeems your falty logic a bitsy.

Music Is Life likes this.
  2. I knew you would get it! I love that episode.

DJHazey likes this.
  3. The "like Hadid" part was never in the original though. It doesn't even make sense.

4. I'd imagine it was "hope she ain't fakin' it like I did" since that makes a whole lot of sense, given the context.

5. Fingers crossed Perrie gets shitfaced before a gig one day and decides to do the original lyrics for a laugh. I can already see the Ella's faces.

Dijah., OspreyQueen, soratami and 3 others like this.
  6. Yeah I added that myself after I saw Perrie accidentally said "I did" in a way that sounded like "Hadid" in one of their performances and found it funny ddd.

7. It’s the lyrics, as I explain in my commentary. That and it was a continuation of their musical regression.

8. The thing that annoys me about both Shout Out and Ugly Heart is that the chorus is almost entirely a single note shouted repeatedly. I just... expect a lot more from a pop song.

dirtypony, əʊæ and OspreyQueen like this.
  9. At least you're consistent.

londonrain and Bruno Ferreira like this.
  10. I'll genuinely never understand the absolute disdain some people seem to have for Shout Out.

Issa bop.

11. There’s a way to do one-note choruses brilliantly and neither Shout Out or Ugly Heart are it.

londonrain and Subspace88 like this.
  12. [​IMG]

Awesome avatar & post combo.

Subspace88 likes this.
  13. I totally missed 'Hair' leaving!

It's one of those tracks that works so much better with the girls performing it live. The attitude and sass is so on point.

Florencia. likes this.
  14. How do we get 'Good Enough' back into the rate so I can give it my 11?

15. Sorry girls, I got a bit caught up watching Jesy’s documentary, eliminations will resume tomorrow morning x

16. 27.

Towers - 7.84

[​IMG]

Highest Score - 11 x 1 (@HollyDunnSomething )
    Lowest Score - 4 x 1 (@Dangerous Maknae )
    My Score - 10

We now lose one of the best tracks in Little Mix's discography as Salute loses another track. Towers really could've been a single in place of Little Me and I think it would've been received better. The lyrics hit quite hard and all of the girls sound absolutely amazing, especially Jesy and Perrie. This is honestly such a gem in their discography and I didn't expect it to leave before the Top 20.

@Reboot (8) - Jade sounds gorgeous here.

@Verandi (9) - One of their few good ballads.

@JMRGBY88 (9.5) - amazing.

@londonrain (10) - One of their best ballads. Perrie kills it here.

@Felp (8) - I think I started enjoying both Towers and Good Enough way more after the tour, I was never that fond of either studio version until then. The melody’s beautiful here. Could’ve made for a better slow-ish single than Little Me.

@abael (6) - The girls sound pretty good here. These lyrics though, I'm too old and jaded for this silliness.​

@DJHazey (9) - Why this couldn't be used a as a blueprint on how to make a pop ballad that isn't overbearing, I'll never understand. Literally towers most of their own ballads too.

@Babyface (7.5) - I always forget about this one when I’m not listening to it, but I quite like it? The lyrics aren’t the most inspired (‘you never brought me flowers’) but the production/melody/vocals are all strong enough to make up for it.

@OspreyQueen (5) - About as generic as a midtempo ballad can possibly get. Entirely inoffensive but not once have I felt like playing it outside of the album

@Remorque (7) - I can see they wanted to give this one this big epic feel, but somewhere along the line it just doesn’t really click with me. Not a bad song persé, just not one I’d like to revisit all that much.

@Subspace88 (8) - Absolutely shone live. Ms Nelson and that note.

@Sally_Harper (10) - I loooooooooooooove this song. This might be a weird thing to say but I find it really uplifting somehow, it never fails to cheer me up even though the lyrics aren’t exactly happy!

@savilizabeths (10) - Little Mix have a lot of ballads that I love, as someone who adores ballads a lot more than the vast majority of this forum. Their vocal performance on this is so emotive and the background harmonies are just gorgeous! I love how delicate the post-chorus moments are. This is one of my favourite songs by them to sing and perform as well. The strings are stunning and the bridge is so beautiful! A true gem that I hope won’t fall to early here

@Laurence (8) - Sweet track. A kind of power ballad? Great bridge, I love the instrumental there. And then that quiet chorus and the big finale. Awesome! Also Jesy doing the first chorus and outra? I stan her, of course! Queen

@motorbike (7) - Their ballads are always so dramatic and I love them for it. The vocals on this are incredible.

@HollyDunnSomething (11) - My absolute favourite song of theirs. They all sound amazing on this and I honestly can't help but rewind Perrie's "nothing at allllllllllllll yeah" and listen again, every single time.

17. This was my favourite of their ballads until a few months ago. I am sad to see it leave already

savilizabeths, Dijah. and londonrain like this.
  18. I am genuinely shocked by the collective taste levels of you all.

munro likes this.
  19. I... well fuck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.