Hilary Duff - Breathe In. Breathe Out. (Album) | Page 292 | The Popjustice Forum

Hilary Duff - Breathe In. Breathe Out. (Album)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by xluvxduffxmusicx, Nov 17, 2008.

1. 15 years since Hilary (and whoever did the high note) snatched us all with "What Dreams Are Made Of"

2. Oh man, I was OBSESSED with both versions of that song. At the risk of sounding very, very old, I remember sitting next to my tv while the video played, holding up a tape player trying to record the song! (I totally failed to realise the record function would only actually record something that was playing on the machine itself, not outside noise. I can't even remember how many times I tried to record it before I gave up. Poor little kiddie me!)

TRAVVV, Fascination, Satyress and 4 others like this.
  3. The soundtrack version had her vocals only. It's weird that they used someone else's voice for the movie.

4. It is a homophobic hate crime that This Is What Dreams Are Made Of isn't on Spotify here.

Island, RMK, Fascination and 5 others like this.
  5. I took my 16-year-old self to see The Lizzie McGuire Movie in theaters opening weekend and I was a bawling mess surrounded by a slew of creeped out toddlers/children. Still one of the greatest films of our time & my go-to 'sick' movie.

I'm also still convinced the 'other' vocals on What Dreams Are Made Of are Haylie's.

6. She's credited on the wiki page but I need actual receipts it was Haylie.

7. Is she? I have no actual evidence it is her, I've just always thought it sounds like her.

Island likes this.
  8. ddd yeah it is her I remember reading a lot of that on some stuff

lushLuck likes this.
  9. Where can I find “What Dreams Are Made Of” though? I’ve searched for a (legal) download for years but NOPE.

10. I think the only way to get it is through a physical copy of the Lizzie McGuire Movie soundtrack! I'm a bit bummed it isn't on iTunes (and I could have sworn it was at one point) - it's an early-00's pop dream.

And it also has this:

On the plus side, you can find the CD for really cheap on Discogs.

Island, heavymetalGAGA, Jeffo and 5 others like this.
  11. How have you lot survived 15 years without that soundtrack in your iTunes library?!

12. Poorly ripped YouTube, my friend.

13. Haylie is on the movie version of What Dreams Are Made Of but not the actual released/soundtrack version.

DJHazey and lushLuck like this.
  14. Also from Haylie, this gargantuan bop:

15. She should have just covered Beware of the Dog. No one in the states knew it existed.

Island, lushLuck and AndrewX like this.
  16. Wasn't Haylie also Hilary's bizarro vocal double in Raise Your Voice for the "singing in the classroom" portions?
    I always fucking lose it when Taylor Dayne does the spoken breakdown two minutes in. And she peppily tells it to my heart that I betta work at the end too. It's like mom karaoke and I live.

17. I think I have the Haylie version two times in my library... #flop

lushLuck likes this.
  18. Queen of stanning the flop Duff.

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.