Hilary Duff | Page 111 | The Popjustice Forum

Hilary Duff

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by xluvxduffxmusicx, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

I Love this song it beats the 2 others! can't wait to hear more!

2. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

The whistling is a bit of a lazy hook but it is stuck in my head so I don't know.

I'm not blown away by the material so far, but I just want her to get the album out.
    She will not get huge sales anyway and I'm sure I'll enjoy the album so I just want to get to that part.

3. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

I really don't mind the lack of a proper chorus and I think the whistling sounds pleasant.

4. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

I'd love for this to be a proper hit of the kind Demi and Selena have enjoyed in recent years.

5. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

I'm kind of hating the whistle bits, personally, and I really wanted to love this.

I do like the idea of it otherwise, though! So I just keep telling myself there'll be more great songs where this came from, and they can't all have whistles in them, right?

6. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

Honestly, if I had to predict whether All About You or Sparks would be the big hit, I'd pick the former.

I wish the final chorus had some extra flourishes. It just chugs along with no adlibs, no extra synths or layers or anything. It needed a proper flashy finish for it to be completely amazing. The bridge is pretty unremarkable as well.

I really like it though! Probably doesn't sound like it but I do. Could've been better but it's great regardless.

7. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

I wasn't feeling this when I first heard the teaser, but that gradually grew on me, I'm really liking the full song. I wish there was a bit more to it lyrically, but it's definitely not bad.

8. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

This is such a bop, love the whistle! Prefer All About You, but it ties with Chasing the Sun (which I actually really enjoy!)

9. Uno

Uno

It's a solid 8/10 song that would've been 10/10 if it had massive ad-libs during the final chrous.

Had it on repeat all day.

10. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

THIS. The lack of ad-libs on the final chorus is my biggest problem with the song. A final chorus should always pack a little extra punch and whilst it's pleasant enough, the song building to a final BIG chorus would increase my enjoyment by at least x10.

11. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

The song is really cute and exactly what Hilary should be recording, I think.

12. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

The whistle bits are obviously a bit trend chasing and lazy. Oh and I totally agree about there needing to be more ad-libs. It needed to get bigger. But everything else is brilliant. What a tune.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  13. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

What trend are the whistles chasing? Max Martin production circa 2011?

14. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

The whistles are the best thing about the song tbh.

15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

that boy is correct.

16. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

How much you wanna bet she won't promote this at all and then she'll postpone the album again because it flopped?

17. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

I don't see this album being shelved or pushed back incessantly, Sophie Ellis-Bextor/Azealia Banks-style. Not sure why, but I think that if Sparks fails to chart (which it probably will, I'm not really getting my hopes up), they'll just plonk the full thing on iTunes with zero fanfare and be done with it.

18. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

It's a really cute little ditty. I don't see this being a big hit though, but that hasn't dampened my enjoyment for it.

And Noir is right. They'll definitely release the album, be it only on iTunes...

19. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

This is like an amazing Femme Fatale outtake and I love it

20. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

It does sound like it came from Femme Fatale or As If!

I like the song. I don't really see there being a push back because Hilary has never set the charts on fire with her singles. I'd hope her label realizes this and keeps their expectations realistic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.